Chinese Elm Fungal issue

DamianTrimboli

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Hello! I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina. South hemi.
I have a chinese elm I have air layered from a bigger tree 3 years ago, it was always going very well... but this summer it got a fungal issue, i threated it with Folicur once a week for 4 weeks, like I usually do with other decidous trees..
after the first application, the tree started to defoliate by itself, i've seen this a lot of times with other trees I have, so I was not worried. The second week, a lots of new buds started to appear, so i was confident that the threatment was working. But after 6/7 weeks, now the tree is fully defoliated but the buds are not continuing to open, they are losing some color, some are dying..
At this point I don't know what to do anymore, any suggestion? Thank you so much!

February 20
IMG_1415.jpg

April 4th
IMG_8629.jpg
April 29th
IMG_9926.jpgIMG_3012.jpgIMG_4914.jpg

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
Hello! I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina. South hemi.
I have a chinese elm...

It's autumn in Argentina, does yours lose its leaves in the winter?
I have two Chinese Elms here in São Paulo, and one loses every single leaf in winter here, even not being so cold.

KiwiPlantGuy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Hi,
It doesn’t look that good. Not healthy re defoliating.
My thinking is that your soil in the pot may be too wet (not draining well), so keeps roots too wet, eg. Root rot.
Let us know what your soil mix is made up of, and we can work out the problem if not soil.
So emergency repot into free draining mix will help heaps, is my opinion ?
Charles

Top Bottom