Chinese Elm malsai shohin

Marco B

Mame
Reaction score
This was one of my first trees, I bought it the late 90s, in a gardencenter, as a mallsai. The first picture was made a few years later, in 2001. In 2007 I airlayered the tree, because of the ugly nebari. The last picture is made today, 2023. The tree is just below 20 cm…ulmus 01102001.jpegulmus-marcot.jpegIMG_3302.jpeg

Cmd5235

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
This is great.

I think this kind of post should be pinned for all of the very new people that get into bonsai either through a gift or a holiday purchase. We all know how that usually goes, and most people on here are very encouraging to just get people to understand how to grow and keep a tree alive.

This is a fantastic post that shows that following that advice will pay off. Get a bad tree, practice on it, keep it alive, and learn. One day, that tree might be a winner, you just have to stick with it and trust the process. Thanks for sharing this one.

Marco B

Mame
Reaction score
This is great.

I think this kind of post should be pinned for all of the very new people that get into bonsai either through a gift or a holiday purchase. We all know how that usually goes, and most people on here are very encouraging to just get people to understand how to grow and keep a tree alive.

This is a fantastic post that shows that following that advice will pay off. Get a bad tree, practice on it, keep it alive, and learn. One day, that tree might be a winner, you just have to stick with it and trust the process. Thanks for sharing this one.
Thanks!
i’ve several examples in my garden, from nothing to something! bonsai doesn’t need to be expensive…

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
Very nice broom style elm. Lots of great attention to pruning, wiring and trimming to get such good ramification in such a small tree and only 25 odd years in the making.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Well done with the patience and consistent tree care over the years. You have a good eye for tree transformation and the skill to stick to your plans.
Mighty fine!

Marco B

Mame
Reaction score
Well done with the patience and consistent tree care over the years. You have a good eye for tree transformation and the skill to stick to your plans.
Mighty fine!
Thanks! Just look at nature, imagine, and have patience..

Top Bottom