Chino Bonsai Club Show, Westminster Ca, Aug 13-15 2021

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Just gonna say... Chino is a little out there but Westminster is ground zero for the Vietnamese bonsai crowd that I love so much. Super cool people with big trees. Definitely a "bring your big trees" crowd.

And if you are lucky, go out for lunch and grab some delicious phở :)

Last edited:

Ruddigger

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Just gonna say... Chino is a little out there but Westminster is ground zero for the Vietnamese bonsai crowd that I love so much. Super cool people with big trees. Definitely a "bring your big trees" crowd.

And if you are lucky, go out for lunch and grab some delicious Phở :)

We have our meetings at David Nguys house, it’s a sea of huge California Junipers there. The Vietnamese connection to Westminster was not lost on me, lol. Although it’s way too hot for pho, I’m going to be on the lookout for some banh mi for sure.

Here’s a video touring part of David’s nursery.

rollwithak

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b

And if you are lucky, go out for lunch and grab some delicious phở :)
And maybe a spring roll to go along with it. But Pho Hong Phat in Long Beach was my jam 😜

Ruddigger

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
That's nuts they completely defoliated that princess persimmon in summer

Yeah. But even crazier that every single branch had a pair of fruit at the tip. I noticed a few were missing at the end of the show though.

Si Nguyen

Omono
Reaction score
Hey BNut! Thanks for thinking of me. I got to the show because of you. It was a great show! It was much better in person. The pics don't do the trees any justice. It was nice to see people out and about and enjoying bonsai. Except for a few masks, this looks like it could have been before Covid. The Chino club has great members and a lot of quality trees. Probably one of the best bonsai club right now in SoCal.

Top Bottom