Chojubai White Flowering Quince

fredtruck

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've had this chojubai white flowering quince for several years. It's a terrific bloomer. It will have other flushes of blossoms from now on, finally sputtering out in June. It might have a flush in September, just depends.

This picture was taken from the back, because the flowers looked better. Though this is a chojubai white, the flowers, most of them, are yellowish. In the back of the tree there are a few pure white flowers. Usually, with more exposure to the sun, the flowers turn white. When the tree is outside, the flowers turn white very quickly.

ul chojubai white 2-28-15.jpg

fredtruck

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You can actually get cuttings from Brent at Evergreen Gardens. I've found white chojubai to be very strong growers, less finicky than the red chojubai, and if managed well, can make very fine bonsai.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I've had this chojubai white flowering quince for several years. It's a terrific bloomer. It will have other flushes of blossoms from now on, finally sputtering out in June. It might have a flush in September, just depends.

This picture was taken from the back, because the flowers looked better. Though this is a chojubai white, the flowers, most of them, are yellowish. In the back of the tree there are a few pure white flowers. Usually, with more exposure to the sun, the flowers turn white. When the tree is outside, the flowers turn white very quickly.

View attachment 68461
I love those blooms! Brent's cuttings claim to be pale yellow..for his white chojubai. He also claims they are easier to take care of. Placed an order for Paul's Scarlett...and am having the white chojubai tossed in with it. Shipping is the same for small orders. But I admire the yellow blooms...since I have bright white already on the pyracantha. So I hope they live up to the pale color he speaks of. But this color is stunning as well. Lovely ..

Top Bottom