Chojubai with red and orange flowers?

rnbonsai78

Sapling
Reaction score
Hey guys, is there such a thing as a chojubai that produces red and orange flowers?

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The white remind me of the shade almost of a dogwood bloom. How they are sort of yellow. Or are they more white in person than the dogwood bloom.
When the flower fully opens, it is pure white but not quite white as my Toyo nishiki
Thụ Thoại

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
When the flower fully opens, it is pure white but not quite white as my Toyo nishiki
Thụ Thoại
Curious if there are variations as well. Brent says his are pale yellow. As close as a yellow quince. ? Thanks for replying. Guess it will be a waiting game to see what mine does.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Curious if there are variations as well. Brent says his are pale yellow. As close as a yellow quince. ? Thanks for replying. Guess it will be a waiting game to see what mine does.
I've got one that I'm pretty sure I got from Brent. It is definitely a yellowish tone, nowhere near pure white.

Toyonishiki will produce flowers that are white.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I've got one that I'm pretty sure I got from Brent. It is definitely a yellowish tone, nowhere near pure white.

Toyonishiki will produce flowers that are white.
Yeah, I recall reading in archives you had. No photos of it though. ToyoNishoki blooms three colors though...so some are pure white. I had wondered that they may be tinted with a splash of color.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yeah, I recall reading in archives you had. No photos of it though. ToyoNishoki blooms three colors though...so some are pure white. I had wondered that they may be tinted with a splash of color.
TN can have all kinds of flower coloration...pure white, pure red, white with various splashed of red, pinks...I had posted this photo of mine a while back. Have never posted photos of the chojubai "white" and I will probably not keep it, it doesn't really do much for me.

Toyo nishiki:

toyo_nishiki_01.jpg

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I did not keep the good picture of the White Chojubai. I have only one picture taken on 11/1/2018
IMG_9425.jpg
Thụ Thoại

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
TN can have all kinds of flower coloration...pure white, pure red, white with various splashed of red, pinks...I had posted this photo of mine a while back. Have never posted photos of the chojubai "white" and I will probably not keep it, it doesn't really do much for me.

Toyo nishiki:

View attachment 239953
I have this Toyo coming from Martin. ? Me in my weird love of Neagari... ? Lovely blooms on yours.
FB_IMG_1556405186014.jpg
I ordered five white chojubai from Brent to make a more visual statured piece of material from the start. I have not heard ones talk negative of the white...just don't like it. Hmmm bet ones would snatch it up fast.
I did not keep the good picture of the White Chojubai. I have only one picture taken on 11/1/2018
View attachment 239955
Thụ Thoại
Lovely what you captured...I've heard white blooms can be difficult to photograph.

Top Bottom