Chop and signature database

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Yeah, I posted this in two places....Finally got most of it up! It's under pages, and has around 400 chops and signatures from Japanese and Chinese potters. Hope all will get some use out of it, it took forever to upload those pics! Just hold your mouse of the pics in the gallery, the potters name and a description should pop up.
Ryan
http://japanesebonsaipots.net/

amkhalid

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Thanks for taking the time to do this Gastro. Your knowledge of chinese/japanese pottery is pretty damn impressive!

Post it in 50 places for all I care... not too often someone makes such a generous contribution to the bonsai community. Word needs to get around.

rich415

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Thanks Ryan,

This should help all of us who go looking for pots but nevere know exactly who made them.

Oh! By the way that Yamaaki 3rd generation pic looks familiar :)

Rich

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
@GastroGnome what a wonderful contribution.... I really appreciate it... I find it very useful

now.... if we could get some stronger contrast images... I wonder if I could write a simple application to use image matching to be able to allow people to submit pictures of chops and have them matched (if you have ever used google goggles you know what i mean) .... i would think it wouldn't be too hard.... is it possible for you to make rubbings of many of those? or are the images often not from pots you own? might be able to work with them digitally... hmm

that would be way useful.... snap picture with phone... submit... wait... get result of who the potter is... without even having to look it up...

Top Bottom