Chris Johnston Workshop Responses

grog

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm all for it. Only about 4 hours for me to drive and on a weekend, works out great.

Any specific ideas on what you want to do in the workshop?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Specifically, I'd like to work on "soji," or cleanup, getting trees ready for winter. It will probably be too early for dormant spray, but we can get the pot etc. ready. Also, needle pulling for black pine, fall pruning, etc. We might do some wiring for those who can protect their trees from freeze.

grog

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wiring is a specific goal I need to work on, I might need to look for something worth wiring though.

Regardless of whether we so much as touch a tree though I'm seriously looking forward to picking your brain!

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Great idea Chris, this is something our club has started to do this year. There is always work to be done, and many aren't satisfied with a meeting a month, and the occasional demo/workshop, so we will send a "list" an email with''hey lets meet at my house this date that time." Plain gets more people involved more often, that sounds like a good thing.

ovation22

Mame
Reaction score
Chris,

Were I in the area I would be sure to attend.

Take care.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
We have set the workshop for Saturday, October 13! I look forward to having some fun!

Top Bottom