Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Awesome trees

buddhamonk

Chumono
Reaction score
Just remember to go to your local club christmas party if they have one. Ours has a live auction every year where every tree sells for really cheap. Total for all three trees was < $500.

The Satsuki is a Issho-no-haru (owner wrote isseiisho-no-haru but I can't find any reference to that one). I'll just have to figure it out when it flowers next year =).

Otherwise the JWP won't change much but the shimpaku is going to lose a lot of the bottom branches and become a bunjin soon.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
That is a steal for <$500...the JWP alone is probably worth more than that.

Good score on really nice trees. The juni does need major restyling ;), the other 2 are nice as-is.

Tona

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wow, Our club doesn't have that kind of material at it's auctions. Maybe I need to move to your area. lol Nice trees. Congratulations.
Tona

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Love the pine. I'm not ready to buy material like that yet but I wish I could find stuff like that for that price.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
WoW! Gratz and Merry Christmas indeed! My Wife has been at this a few years and I won't have anything of my own to post pics of for a few years :eek:

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
[H][/H]
Just remember to go to your local club christmas party if they have one. Ours has a live auction every year where every tree sells for really cheap. Total for all three trees was < $500.

The Satsuki is a Issho-no-haru (owner wrote isseiisho-no-haru but I can't find any reference to that one). I'll just have to figure it out when it flowers next year =).

Otherwise the JWP won't change much but the shimpaku is going to lose a lot of the bottom branches and become a bunjin soon.

I nearly passed out when you said what you paid for those. I would not expect myself to find one of them for under $500.

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Can I have the White Pine?:D

I cannot believe all these trees for $500. The white pine, at any nursery, would command a price of around $1000. Especially since the trunk is magnicent and the root ball is already trained into an appropriate size.

Rob

buddhamonk

Chumono
Reaction score
Must be the economy or the place I live. We often refer to "oregon prices" and "californian prices" when talking about bonsai. Reason is that trees here are much cheaper in general. There were about 40 trees at the auction which all went for a fraction of what you would expect at retail. It's weird but I've been to auctions in Seattle, and even there you can expect to pay 40-50% more.

Oregon is just a very special place for Bonsai and I'm not the only one saying this...

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Can I have the White Pine?:D

I cannot believe all these trees for $500. The white pine, at any nursery, would command a price of around $1000. Especially since the trunk is magnicent and the root ball is already trained into an appropriate size.

Rob

Ditto, my thoughts exactly.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Love the pine. I'm not ready to buy material like that yet but I wish I could find stuff like that for that price.

Ready or not if you find stuff like that buy it. Those kinds of opportunities don't come around that often. Bonsai are like children; if you wait till you're ready and can afford them you will never have children.

Top Bottom