Christmas Gifts

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Ok time to list your goodies!
Those who recieved trees need to show us them!
Mom

I got a new camera....
Panasonic DMC-TZ3.....

Last edited:

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It's the thought that counts, right?

It's the thought that counts, right? My wife bought me this tree for Christmas. Okay, it probably wouldn't have been my first choice... or second, but I do appreciate t he time she took to buy it. I think I'll make her a deal. From now on, she can pick out her own jewelry and I"ll pick out my own trees.

Attachments

• Chinese Elm.jpg
    Chinese Elm.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 50

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I was delighted to find a Deluxe Workstand and some back issues of International Bonsai (some from 1979 and 1980) under the tree. :D :D :D :D

I musta been better this year than i thought i was!

Attachments

• deluxstand[1].jpg
    deluxstand[1].jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I got John Naka's Sketch Book.... and a gorgeous satsuki. :D :D :D :D

I'll try and post pics of the satsuki tomorrow.

Rick Moquin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
A little light reading, and ...

Attachments

• Masters Series Juniper.jpg
    Masters Series Juniper.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 2
  • camera-front-angled.jpg
    camera-front-angled.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
I think I'll make her a deal. From now on, she can pick out her own jewelry and I"ll pick out my own trees.

...Slippery slope, my friend.:D ...

I received a gift certificate to New England Bonsai Gardens...my daughter and I will be going there this afternoon...

Dave

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Rick me too!

Barry Barry Barry, no no no no :( - this is the kind of thing that can get out to the masses and we are all in trouble - What a beautifull elm ;)

Reaction score
USDA Zone
All I got was a rock!

Just kidding, lotsa goodies, no bonsai stuff. I did get Photoshop Express 6.0, though!

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Rick me too!

Barry Barry Barry, no no no no :( - this is the kind of thing that can get out to the masses and we are all in trouble - What a beautifull elm ;)

Oh, if only you had spoken sooner. We went out shopping for jewelry and spent three times the budget... with a quote to come on another piece. Well, well, well, that translates into some pretty nice trees next year!
(That is, of course, if we have the jewelry paid off by then)

cscott

Seed
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My husband discovered the Dallas Bonsai Web site two years ago and Christmas has been grand ever since. This year a gift was lost in the mail until tonight. Then there it was, a perfect small toothed Japanese folding saw. I love the writing on the blade "for your pleasant life". Kind of says it all.
Oh yeah, the new pizza stone to replace the one I broke on the BBQ is also nice.
And a reel to begin to replace the rod I managed to lose over the side of the boat (with a fish).

Did I mention my life is a disaster waiting to happen?

Carmen

Dale Cochoy

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Carmen,
I also had to chuckle at your comment.:)
It reminded me of a friends sorrowful story of using a spud bar to chop a hole through the ice to fish and it slipping from his hands. For years he thought about it sticking up in the bottom of the lake.
and, it laughingly reminded me of something I hear OFTEN from my wife when I am lamenting my woes.

"It must just suck being you"

Still chuckling,
Dale

cscott

Seed
Reaction score
USDA Zone
No Al, this is the funny part. My husband built the rod just for me, and a half hour before the incident I was commenting how beautiful it was and that I really appreciated all the effort he put into it. Then I caught a striper that slipped out of my hand as I tried to remove the hook. I watched the rod disappear into the murky water as the fish pulled it to the bottom of the delta. What could I do but fall off the boat into the water as I reached to retrieve it? I was wearing so many clothes it took three attempts to haul me back in the boat. Someone stopped their vehicle on the levee to watch.

I can't believe he bought me a saw and didn't include a box of bandaids!

Carmen

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That was so damn funny I read it twice.

maybe I was just seeing things......like deja vous all over again...

Last edited:
Top Bottom