Cinnoman with root cuttings

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I would recomend that you include scientific names of the species also, common names can be confusing
Agreed^^^, I have no idea what plant you are talking about unless you are referring to the tree cinnamon comes from.

Pixar

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b

Cinnamon as a rooting agent and growth stimulant​

Depending on the species, cinnamon can also be used to propagate cuttings. Apply a little ground cinnamon to the bottom of the cutting. This should accelerate the repair of the wound and stimulate root formation. In combination, these effects make cinnamon a great alternative to rooting hormones, which are, for various reasons, prohibited.

But be careful. Scientific studies indicate that cinnamon can inhibit the growth of certain plants, like tomatoes and garden cress. You should also be careful not to cause unintended negative effects on your plants while using cinnamon in the garden.

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
I have not heard of using cinnamon for cuttings either but I guess its use will be more for fungicide than for root promotion. I have not used it this way.
Always worth trying some side by side trials to see if claimed effectiveness is true in your situation.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Cactus guys and florists use a lot of cinnamon and honey..

There WAS a side-by-side growth test, done on rose cuttings... I'll look for it.

Top Bottom