Cjr Bald Cypress forest

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I have some extra BC seedlings so a BC forest they become.D8B2C7EA-5A93-4B06-9F59-E660C1998E9D.jpeg

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Two of them grow so fast they will have to be cut back in the spring for the other to thrive.
1B10A3B6-C6BF-40BB-BC8A-9521FE5DB5FC.jpeg

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Well spring is here. Time to chop the big ones?
View attachment 431692
I am thinking about rearranging this boring forest and adding the tree below, which will be twice as big in caliper as the biggest tree in the current forest. I am thinking about bunching 3 together really tight at the trunk and place them on the left. The big tree will be slightly off center and more toward the front. I will chop the current leader of the big tree to two inches and remove most of the big low branch and the ugly long root. The two medium trees will then be placed in the back of the big tree, one will have an accompanying small tree. The smallest one will be eliminated.
Any placement suggestion is very much appreciated.
1651760266761.png

Last edited:

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I am thinking about rearranging this boring forest and adding the tree below, which will be twice as big in caliper as the biggest tree in the current forest. I am thinking about bunching 3 together really tight at the trunk and place them on the left. The big tree will be slightly off center and more toward the front. I will chop the current leader of the big tree to two inches and remove most of the big low branch and the ugly long root. The two medium trees will then be placed in the back of the big tree, one will have an accompanying small tree. The smallest one will be eliminated.
Any placement suggestion is very much appreciated.
View attachment 434288
Like this?
7852816B-5D8F-4F97-8D27-494DD80B6581.jpeg

Fishsauce

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I'd be interested in seeing any updates on this project. I have a dozen or so seedlings and thinking of doing something similar.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I'd be interested in seeing any updates on this project. I have a dozen or so seedlings and thinking of doing something similar.
The trees have gone into this forest

Top Bottom