Cjr Batman BC

dbonsaiw

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I need to make my way down to Louisiana for some yamadori adventures. We just don't have that kind of stuff here on Long Island.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
*Singing*
He's got the trunk.... he's got the flare.... he gets the people to stare...
Now all I gotta do is to give him in pizazz!
Still don't know what kinda pot he's going to need.

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Sooo, I was doing some research for possible training tubs for the BC's and stumbled upon this aluminum tubs in Amazon... I think this 3" one would be great for training this BC until it's ready to move into a pot. They have quite a few sizes available.

I thought about this Pond Liner, but at 4' diameter I think it is too big.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Sooo, I was doing some research for possible training tubs for the BC's and stumbled upon this aluminum tubs in Amazon... I think this 3" one would be great for training this BC until it's ready to move into a pot. They have quite a few sizes available.

I thought about this Pond Liner, but at 4' diameter I think it is too big.
At that price, I think I will either stay with the mica pot sold by Wigert or make my own pot in cement once I get Batman to Gotham city :D

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I checked. Batman has enough roots. Commence bat guano sequence!
View attachment 490008
Batman growth has slowed down but it is still growing. The leaves and branches have hardened and are healthy. Since the trunk mass and root mass is huge, I am feeding this tree and leaving it alone for another year to further develop new roots. With such a tree, I don't think I am out of danger yet.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Looks like Batman hasn't move anywhere since initial placement after collection. The height almost pass the fence... going to need a ladder 🪜 to work on him later on.
He will be kept to current height or shorter. I am not about to move him any time soon.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Batman now has 3 larger branches up top right at the chop. I don't want Batman to be much taller so I have to control that growth. At the moment I have to allow all growth because the tree needs to develop enough root to feed that massive trunk. In the long run, I want to encourage lower branch growth. What do you suggest? My current plan is to check for root growth until I think the roots are sufficient. Then I will prune the top branches low to force more growth down.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I think the time has come to start styling Batman. The roots ate in good shape. We are heading into second growth season and the multiple shoots up top are getting out of hand. I am going for a massive informal upright.
PS: I attempted to rotate Batman to look for a good front. He laughed!
IMG_8245.jpeg
IMG_8247.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom