Cjr BC with no name

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Collected April 2022. Good base, good size, good taper. Normal development. Growing well especially after being dunked. Here’s hoping for lots of knees in the next few years.
Perhaps the great thing about it is that it is all around good.
IMG_7275.jpeg
IMG_7276.jpeg

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Collected April 2022. Good base, good size, good taper. Normal development. Growing well especially after being dunked. Here’s hoping for lots of knees in the next few years.
Perhaps the great thing about it is that it is all around good.
View attachment 489275
View attachment 489276
Great tree Uncle! Glad to see the Wrightia is doing well after the repot.

pandacular

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Looks awesome! In a few years, I'll have to get more details on your dunking technique once mine is ready for it.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I left the branches long because of the heat. Usually I get some die back at the tip when pruning in summer. When the buds come out and are established, I will cut the branches back further.

gfreak

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Man, all these bald cypress's i see really makes me wanna get more of em lol.

Is it actually planted with soil in that? Or is the rootball just submerged 24/7 in the water

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Man, all these bald cypress's i see really makes me wanna get more of em lol.

Is it actually planted with soil in that? Or is the rootball just submerged 24/7 in the water
It was planted in a mix of top soil and bark until the roots were well established. Then the tub is krpt filled with water to 3/4” above the soil.

gfreak

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
It was planted in a mix of top soil and bark until the roots were well established. Then the tub is krpt filled with water to 3/4” above the soil.
ahh gotcha gotcha appreciate it!

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
The tree right now just sits in the tub with no tie down wire. If I push it, I can tilt it any direction I want. This is done on purpose because I think, in unstable environment, BC builds more roots to stabilize itself.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
The plan for this tree has changed. After the spring flush has hardened, it will be dunked to 6" above the soil for the summer.

Top Bottom