CJR rainbow eucalyptus

OTown

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
How big are we talking?

For what it's worth, my trees are still growing and sucking up the water more than most of my other trees.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
How big are we talking?

For what it's worth, my trees are still growing and sucking up the water more than most of my other trees.
About 5/8”. I recall seeing the trees drop branches up to about 1/2”.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Just skimmed the thread on my phone, so please forgive if this was answered.

What is the opinion on growing medium?

I grew a few a couple of years ago with the intent of having them grow full size in my yard and used normal potting soil with crushed shell and sand from my local beach as a growing medium. They seemed to grow just fine. They eventually got taken out by a hurricane. For reference the crushed shell was no larger than 3/8” pieces.

Starting two more with the intent to grow as bonsai this time.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Just skimmed the thread on my phone, so please forgive if this was answered.

What is the opinion on growing medium?

I grew a few a couple of years ago with the intent of having them grow full size in my yard and used normal potting soil with crushed shell and sand from my local beach as a growing medium. They seemed to grow just fine. They eventually got taken out by a hurricane. For reference the crushed shell was no larger than 3/8” pieces.

Starting two more with the intent to grow as bonsai this time.
I find them to prefer wetter soil. I grew mine just fine from potting soil, or a 60/40 mix of NAPA 8822 and pine bark. The one time I put it in free draining bonsai soil, the tree struggled.

Top Bottom