Class photo

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
...which stand, the 1st 2 stands in post #4. very unique
That is a root stand that a very talented guy in Thailand made for me. He does all kinds of stands, and very reasonably priced. You can find him on FB. Wan Adisak Thatsaniyom is his name, I went to copy it from FB, and now that I pasted it here all the sudden I'm yelling!!! sorry, lol.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice photos, thanks for taking the time to share them. Jealous of the persimmon (I need one!). In the middle of repotting season here, a bunch of trees that were overdue and so
each takes longer than expected. Fortunately weather has been cool and cloudy much of this month so trees have cooperated and stayed dormant but not for much longer!

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Nice photos, thanks for taking the time to share them. Jealous of the persimmon (I need one!). In the middle of repotting season here, a bunch of trees that were overdue and so
each takes longer than expected. Fortunately weather has been cool and cloudy much of this month so trees have cooperated and stayed dormant but not for much longer!
I was lucky this year, it was an off year for several of my trees, and I've found that some I can do with good results in fall. So it wasn't terribly hectic this spring. Having smaller trees helps too... I don't miss repotting that gigantic hornbeam I used to have...

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I was lucky this year, it was an off year for several of my trees, and I've found that some I can do with good results in fall. So it wasn't terribly hectic this spring. Having smaller trees helps too... I don't miss repotting that gigantic hornbeam I used to have...
I was going to say, your collection sure has changed a lot over the past few years! I've got a number of larger project trees that went into oversized pots or grow boxes and this was the
year they were due for substantial root work/reduction. Add to that the fact that I'm still recovering from a nasty flu that I got earlier in the month (still really tired) and everything
is in sloooow motion...taking about twice as long as it should! Some thing will just have to wait another year.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I was going to say, your collection sure has changed a lot over the past few years!
Yeah I'm about where I want to be now, I've been planning this for a while, glad to be almost settled again. Just sold my red hawthorn, I'll miss it but it was the last large one on the list to free myself of. I think I'll keep the few large ones I have left.

Nanuk

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
You've got some really nice trees JudyB. Thanks for sharing.
Seems like you're pretty good with a camera also.
Well done.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Sweet!
I really like the vibrant color. Lush greens. Bright flowering. And, wonderful trees. Well done!
Around me trees everywhere are just now beginning to slightly think about swelling up some buds.

D

Deleted member 21616

amazing @JudyB thank for sharing! inspiring!

that deshojo is unique i love it!

also great use of koyo’s namako! looks great with that tree!

Doug J

Mame
Reaction score
a small azalea, dwarf apple (it's not bloomed yet.. hmmm) trident ROR, a small zelkova that got the ebihara and some root splitting at our Study group with Owen,
pyracantha getting ready to bloom, and barberry.
View attachment 238447View attachment 238448View attachment 238449View attachment 238450View attachment 238451View attachment 238452View attachment 238453View attachment 238454View attachment 238455View attachment 238456
I noticed you said 'study group', and your location on your bio. Are you a member of the Columbus bonsai club by chance? I'm looking to join a local club is why I ask. Columbus is a 90 minute drive, as is Cincy. Dayton would be closest, but I'm willing to drive a bit for a higher caliber club. Can you (or anyone else) tell me anything about these local bonsai clubs? You have some very nice trees, and I apologize for going off topic here, but I've been wanting to speak with someone who might have knowledge of these clubs. You or anyone else can PM me a message on this site if you don't want to clog up this thread with a response. Thank you

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I noticed you said 'study group', and your location on your bio. Are you a member of the Columbus bonsai club by chance? I'm looking to join a local club is why I ask. Columbus is a 90 minute drive, as is Cincy. Dayton would be closest, but I'm willing to drive a bit for a higher caliber club. Can you (or anyone else) tell me anything about these local bonsai clubs? You have some very nice trees, and I apologize for going off topic here, but I've been wanting to speak with someone who might have knowledge of these clubs. You or anyone else can PM me a message on this site if you don't want to clog up this thread with a response. Thank you
I will PM you, I am a member of the Columbus Club and it is getting somewhat better...

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
amazing @JudyB thank for sharing! inspiring!

that deshojo is unique i love it!

also great use of koyo’s namako! looks great with that tree!
Thank you! the Koyo is perfect with that tree, shape and color.
Sweet!
I really like the vibrant color. Lush greens. Bright flowering. And, wonderful trees. Well done!
Around me trees everywhere are just now beginning to slightly think about swelling up some buds.
Yeah spring greens are so different, it just makes me want to take the photos to remember it in horrid late summer.
You've got some really nice trees JudyB. Thanks for sharing.
Seems like you're pretty good with a camera also.
Well done.

Dude, it's just an iphone...:p
Thanks for the kind words. I do have a good area to take the pics, that is half the battle.

Littlejoe919

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b?
Thank you for posting these Judy. You can see the love you put into them.

Lazylightningny

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
a small azalea, dwarf apple (it's not bloomed yet.. hmmm) trident ROR, a small zelkova that got the ebihara and some root splitting at our Study group with Owen,
pyracantha getting ready to bloom, and barberry.
View attachment 238447View attachment 238448View attachment 238449View attachment 238450View attachment 238451View attachment 238452View attachment 238453View attachment 238454View attachment 238455View attachment 238456
You have some really nice twisties

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Wow, great show Judy!
Thanks for taking the time to post all those wonderful trees....

I really like the last Hornbeam you posted, showing some nice bark texture.

Top Bottom