Class photo

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
and @bonhe that is supposed to read LARGE ones...lol.

!
Thank you Sister .
Hahahah, you will wait to see when I will be tired of large bonsai, won’t you? As long as I am still able to operate Hoyer lift and hydraulic cart, I am trapped with large bonsai. There is too much hassle to take care small bonsai in my area. I can do small bonsai but I have to have a different approach in the garden to which I don’t like .
Thụ Thoại

fore

Omono
Reaction score
What a fantastic collection of trees Judy! Well done!

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
You have good taste, this is a John Pitt pot that Owen was nice enough to part with for this tree. It's a three sided pot, each aspect is different and wonderful.
Wow even more unique than I even grasp the first time. May have to look into that potter. Love his style. Perfect pairing...which had to be why Owen left it go.

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I’m seeing this thread for the first time as I was out of the game for a few years there. Your trees are completely off the hook, Judy! I absolutely love those Hornbeams. Makes me want one. Those leaves are wonderful!

It looks as if you have really concentrated on acquiring truly quality material over the last few years. This is something that I am focused on doing with my collection. I will only buy those that have something special which means spending more and buying only one or two trees a year. For my existing trees, I am trying to improve the ones that have potential to be something, putting things in the ground that need considerable development, or just getting rid of those that will never be anything worth my time.

All the trees shown here are quite far along in development. Do you have others that are less so? For instance, trees in the ground or grow boxes? Congratulations on your collection!

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I’m seeing this thread for the first time as I was out of the game for a few years there. Your trees are completely off the hook, Judy! I absolutely love those Hornbeams. Makes me want one. Those leaves are wonderful!

It looks as if you have really concentrated on acquiring truly quality material over the last few years. This is something that I am focused on doing with my collection. I will only buy those that have something special which means spending more and buying only one or two trees a year. For my existing trees, I am trying to improve the ones that have potential to be something, putting things in the ground that need considerable development, or just getting rid of those that will never be anything worth my time.

All the trees shown here are quite far along in development. Do you have others that are less so? For instance, trees in the ground or grow boxes? Congratulations on your collection!
Thanks for that, yes I have really tried to do exactly what you are describing you are doing. It meant selling off some of the others less developed things which was sad, but I didn't have space or $$ to just add. I do have several projects, none in the ground or grow boxes. I have found that for my purposes, pot life gives me all the control over the development. Oversize pots for rapid growing and smaller for refining....

Owen Reich

Shohin
Reaction score
Wow even more unique than I even grasp the first time. May have to look into that potter. Love his style. Perfect pairing...which had to be why Owen left it go.
It hurt a little, given that I had it shipped in from Greece. You are correct though, it harmonizes well in an off the beaten path way. Pretty much what I prefer most of the time.

Top Bottom