Clay supplies in Europe, close to Romania

Reaction score
Hey,

I searched a lot a good clay supplier (many types of clay, well structured into categories and types with all the details) in Europe and I found only companies in UK. The issue is that shipping costs are much higher than the products price. They are sending the package (one clay box of 10-12 kg) by airplane probably and because of that the cost is huge. It costs me 15 euro to buy 12.5 kg of stoneware clay and 30-40 euro to ship it to me.

Are there online shops closer to Romania that you know? For sure the shipping costs will be much less.

The ones I found are only in german or they don't offer all the details that it is normal to offer for clay (earthenware, stoneware, colour, firing temperature, shrinking etc), having a bad buyer experience.

Thank you.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I got free shipping from Wal-Mart.com

Maybe Alibaba?

Dig Local Clay!

S

Reaction score
I got free shipping from Wal-Mart.com

Maybe Alibaba?

Dig Local Clay!

S

In Romania I am finding only “clay” with no details, who knows what type it is, what is the firing temperature and so on. I am just starting (made 2 pots) and missing all these info is not helping at all. :) For the moment I will continue to buy from UK, the shop is great.

Mihai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Hello Vlad. interceram.ro
The only one in Romania that stocks high fire stoneware.

Reaction score
Hi Mihai,

I found them last week and ordered 100 kg. :) Great people selling excellent clay.

Thanks for the info anyway.

Cheers,
Vlad

Mihai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
No worries. Best one I tried so far is the GuS254. What did you get?

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just curious, apart from Sorce, does anyone dig their
own clay ?
Good Day
Anthony

Reaction score
No worries. Best one I tried so far is the GuS254. What did you get?

I bought 10 kg of 10 different high fire clays. Sunday I used what I had left from UK, so I didn’t used the new clay. But it looks and feels great, I can’t wait to build new pots. :)

Top Bottom