Cleaned and wired my White Pine

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Hello all,
I did some cleanup and a little wiring on my only white pine. I purchased this tree at the very end of last season. I repotted it about 1 1/2 months ago and cleaned it up over the last weekend. The tree is very healthy and has equal strenth in all parts of the tree. The tree is about 12 inches tall.

I think for the future, I will just keep the general shape and candle prune as needed. Also, I may take some of the "bow" out of some of the branches. For now, I will just let the tree rest.

I feel lucky to have found this tree. I believe it is from Japan and someone over there must have taken great care of it and gave it an initial style. Also, it is incredibly healthy and has no reverse taper.

Rob

Attachments

• pictures2 008.jpg
    pictures2 008.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 198
  • pictures2 018.jpg
    pictures2 018.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 180
  • pictures2 034.jpg
    pictures2 034.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 221
  • pictures2 036.jpg
    pictures2 036.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 158

tnaz71

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Beautiful tree! JWP is one tree I have never owned maybe one day I will be lucky to find one like this.

Thanks for sharing!

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Thank you mersino.. It is a gem... I looked through about 50 white pines and thought that was the best one..Well, the best one proportions wise and for the money.

Hello tnaz71..Yes, this is my first and only white pine. I am more of a juniper guy. My collection is about 80% junipers. However, I saw this tree and thought it was beautiful and also the graft was very well done. Thank you for commenting on my tree.

Rob

Mark59

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey Rob, is that wp grafted on black pine? Damn that's nice!!!

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Hello Mark..Thank you and yes. It is white pine grafted on to black pine. I think the best feature of this tree is that there is absolutely no reverse taper.

Just Duane

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Beauty Rob! I wish white pines would grow in Hawaii:mad:

The trunk on your tree is awesome.

luis j

Seed
Reaction score
USDA Zone
new to bonsai , that is one great looking tree

Top Bottom