Clearys 3336 DG Lite Granular Fungicide

Jack Pine

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Hello, was wanting to know if anybody has used Clearys 3336 DG Lite Granular Fungicide before. It is a systemic fungicide and is a granular form that is soaked into the soil.I would like to use on Trident Maples.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Hello, was wanting to know if anybody has used Clearys 3336 DG Lite Granular Fungicide before. It is a systemic fungicide and is a granular form that is soaked into the soil.I would like to use on Trident Maples.
I use it on about everything on Adair’s advice on other threads. Fixed most of my fungal problems over the course of about 18 months. Just my experience, but has done wonders for me.

Jack Pine

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
How do you apply. I know it goes on the soil. Do you just follow manufactures directions. Do you apply immediately in spring before rains start. How often in the year do you apply?

Thanks so much for the feedback.

Dave.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Follow the manufacturer's directions. Yes.

Your profile does not say where you are located.

I dose in late winter, before everything starts growing. Then dose a second time about a month later. Then again 2 weeks before autumnal equinox, then once about December 1.

Jack Pine

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Follow the manufacturer's directions. Yes.

Your profile does not say where you are located.

I dose in late winter, before everything starts growing. Then dose a second time about a month later. Then again 2 weeks before autumnal equinox, then once about December 1.
Thank you, I'm in Zone 5a, Nebraska. Im trying to add this to my profile

Jack Pine

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Do you use the liquid form when you dose. I thought the liquid form is a foliar spray. The granular is watered in when placed on the surface of soil.
Thank you!

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Jack Pine, you got it. I see your location. Great.
I use the granular form. Just sprinkle it on the surface of the pot. I use a measuring spoon, and dose each pot by the approximate volume of media in the pot. Once tablespoon, (roughly 15 ml by volume) per gallon volume of potting media.

A six inch diameter pot (15cm diameter) is the diameter of a gallon nursery pot.

Jack Pine

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Jack Pine, you got it. I see your location. Great.
I use the granular form. Just sprinkle it on the surface of the pot. I use a measuring spoon, and dose each pot by the approximate volume of media in the pot. Once tablespoon, (roughly 15 ml by volume) per gallon volume of potting media.

A six inch diameter pot (15cm diameter) is the diameter of a gallon nursery pot.
Thank you , Leo.

Jack Pine

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
There are two types of Cleary 3336 granular. There is the 3336EG and the 3336DG and there seems to be a difference between the two. Those who use the granular, what type to you use. I believe the 3336EG has to be mixed with water. Whereas the 3336DG is placed on the soil and watered in.

Jack Pine

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
People use both forms to sprinkle on the soil. The DG has a lime base carrier as well as a baked soil. Its made for sprinkling on soil and watering in. However, others use the EG form similar to the DG - sprinkle on the surface and water it in. Not trying to make this confusing, but there is probably one that most people use in bonsai culture as a granular and water it in. Since the DG is clay and lime based I don't know if it should be used for bonsai. The lime in the DG can make to soil basic, increase the pH. The EG is designed to mix in water first, it dissolves, and then applied. Both are granular. Im just wanting to know which one it is and what most people use.

BTW, I read the spec sheets and directions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom