Cleveland Bonsai Club Fall Show, September 28/29, 2019

Cable

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
The Cleveland Bonsai Club is hosting our summer show the weekend of Saturday, September 28th and Sunday, September 29th, 10am-3:30pm.

Come and see more than 50 trees and learn about the art of bonsai! Trees will be on display at all stages of development. Vendors will have trees, pots, and other bonsai supplies for sale.

Demonstrations daily! Learn how these trees are selected, potted, wired, trimmed, and cared for from our club masters.

While you're here, visit the beautiful greenhouses and gardens of Rockefeller Greenhouse.

The show is free and open to the public, though donations are accepted. Free parking!

Cable

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
We're getting closer to the Cleveland club's Fall Show! I wonder if any trees will be in color this year? Last year a few trees were starting to show color but most were still green.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
Post the photos after! It happens here far too often. A post about a show, then no one posts photos of the trees. Its too hard to track down through some obscure bonsai site. So when the times comes, someone please hook up us internet nerds up with some photos!!! Cheers

Warpig

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Oh I'll be there for sure! And dont worry i will be posting up plenty of pic's. Plus, on my birthday weekend! There's no way the wife can say no. 😁

@Cable Do you know if there's any kind of event calendar put together?

Last edited:

Cable

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Oh I'll be there for sure! And dont worry i will be posting up plenty of pic's. Plus, on my birthday weekend! There's no way the wife can say no. 😁

@Cable Do you know if there's any kind of event calendar put together?

No we don't have specific events planned. Everything is the same all day long and the guy doing demos just works on various trees all day.

I've tried to get interest in scheduling specific demos but so far the club isn't interested in that. Maybe next year!

Warpig

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Just wanted to bump this incase anyone needed to to plan for it.

@Cable I'm going to shoot you a PM later when i get the time.

Warpig

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Just checking because i looked up their site and the last time it was updated was in 2016.

Warpig

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Thats too bad, I cant help but think it would help get more visitors. But i guess thats not really why it's there.

Cable

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Today's the day!

There's a storm headed for Cleveland, though. The forecast says it will just be spotty rain today and then tomorrow will be much nicer. It is an outdoor show so crowds could be light today.

If any BNutters are there ask for Dan White!

Warpig

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I missed it today. I was on my way driving there and got a flat tire. :mad:
So two hours and $98 dollars later it was almost two o'clock. So we are going to head up that way tomorrow.

@Cable you still going to be there tomorrow?

Cable

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I missed it today. I was on my way driving there and got a flat tire. :mad:
So two hours and $98 dollars later it was almost two o'clock. So we are going to head up that way tomorrow.

@Cable you still going to be there tomorrow?

Dang, man, sorry that happened to you. Yes, I will be there tomorrow, too. We had about 500 people at the show today. I expect higher numbers tomorrow because I think the weather forecast, which turned out to be wrong, scared people away.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Thanks @Warpig for posting photos. That is a nice show, There were a few really nice trees. I like the first scots pine, sylvestris, and the Larch forest. The Satsuki exposed root is impressive. The rosemary is really interesting, not something you see all the time, and in bloom too. Not sure the weeping branches go with the overall design of the tree, but it was nice to see an old rosemary in good health.

A couple of the shimpaku are really good. And the Thuja just needs to be ''tightened up'' over the course of a few years to be a really great tree.

Looks to be a nice club show.

Top Bottom