Climate change

A. Gorilla

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Why does C02 have to be inherently intermingled with everything "environmental"?

Dumping crap in rivers is an entirely different issue. Wilderness preservation, different.

"If you have serious doubts about c02 emissions you hate the earth."

No.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I guess that one tends to see that trends in policies on all these things go hand in hand, and are all linked tolevels of societal environmental awareness.

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Here is a good example of the inane stupidity of the protesters. In this case a group of young students (indoctrinated and pushed by their hysterical parents and teachers of course) which took the day off school.
It's exactly the same level of un-awareness among all the silly protesters of ''climate change inaction'' around the world and in Poland at the moment. Fools the lot of them. There is no doubt whatsoever that this phenomenon is a semi-religious fashion by unthinking morons.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It is nice to have such a respectfull discussion on this subject without namecalling.

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
What the hell does preserving rainforests have to do with cutting co2 emissions?
Fossil fuels have sustained humans for a hundred years. Where I live there is enough gas ad coal for at least another hundred years. I'd call that sustainable.
Green jobs? Another throw away line that doesn't mean anything
Renewables. I have nothing against them (except the horrible wind turbines) but at the moment they cannot give enough energy. So switching to them as fast as they want is impossible and what's more is they know it. If you tried to get India - for example to stop burning coal, millions would die.
Clean water and air....Again, what the hell does it have to do with co2??
Healthy children? Jeezuz!, whoever wrote this ran out of ideas pretty fast!

Even the word hoax is inaccurate. There are a relatively small number of ''climate scientists'' (which are actually just computer programmers sitting in comfortable offices entering all kinds of unreliable and unproven data into their models and making projections which have nothing to do with reality. They have come to believe that the Earth's true climate is represented by these models and the real outside world can be ignored. It's all there on the screen!). Some of these modellers, Michael Mann being the most prominent, have intentionally altered or disregarded data to make the co2 theory fit with rising temps. (look up hiding the decline) The UN have latched onto this false modelled data and now use it to demand certain political outcomes. Meanwhile the layperson hears the one point of view through the mainstream media and obviously they believe it. Why not?!, I did too for a while. So the word hoax is an unfortunate word used by some skeptics and now used by the warmists to align any alternative viewpoint with conservative fossil fuel companies and the politicians who back them.
The reality is much more complicated.

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
It is nice to have such a respectfull discussion on this subject without namecalling.
''respect'' another overused word. Respect is earned. Why should I respect stupid uninformed morons which follow and don't question. How exactly will that help?

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I would like this comment 100 times if I could! So true.
''it's so true that he is so glad that he doesn't have to deal with me'' ??? Or is it so true you would like it 100 times if you could?? Either way, you are an illiterate, inconsequential nincompoop who fires shots vicariously. Quite sad really.

Joe Dupre'

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I'm not a climate change denier..............just a skeptic. So, let's just say it's absolutely true.........the Earth IS warming. What then? The more advanced countries (you know, the ones that consume most of the fossil fuels) cut back 25% on fossil fuel use. May help.....may not. BUT....and a huge BUT......will the advanCING countries cut back 25% ? A man in some not so advanced country, given the chance to maybe have an old, beat up truck for the first time in his life is told " No, that truck to too inefficient."

And this is the height of hypocrisy. Big name stars and scientists get on huge, fuel belching planes and fly halfway around the world to tell others to use less fuel. I would respect their views much more if they acted like the actor Ed Begley, Jr. He lives in a modest home, rides a bike most places, and tries to conserve energy in any way he can. THAT is commitment.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I'm not a climate change denier..............just a skeptic. So, let's just say it's absolutely true.........the Earth IS warming. What then? The more advanced countries (you know, the ones that consume most of the fossil fuels) cut back 25% on fossil fuel use. May help.....may not. BUT....and a huge BUT......will the advanCING countries cut back 25% ? A man in some not so advanced country, given the chance to maybe have an old, beat up truck for the first time in his life is told " No, that truck to too inefficient."

And this is the height of hypocrisy. Big name stars and scientists get on huge, fuel belching planes and fly halfway around the world to tell others to use less fuel. I would respect their views much more if they acted like the actor Ed Begley, Jr. He lives in a modest home, rides a bike most places, and tries to conserve energy in any way he can. THAT is commitment.
My feeling is the same. When I built my house, instead of putting money in luxury things, I put money in insulation, in geothermal systems. Yes I am using more energy than people in the developing world but in my world, I am conscientious to the level I can. For a while I rode my bicycle to work but it gets way too dangerous plus now I can't because I have to cross Interstate bridges that don't allow bicycles.
At work my company pushes for cleaner everything to the max level we can afford even though we already exceeded the level required etc.
All the things I mentioned are truly not boast. They are just examples of the things many of us do in our daily lives. Many of us work in science fields, we may not be climate scientists but we are taught to think and act with logic. Frankly some of the climate change claims don't pass the smell test. If I make similar claims in my field I will be slaughtered professionally.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What a presumptuous comment.
Pot, kettle yadieyadie.
People who have in no sense any form of respect for others unless they proove themselves worthy are not the people I hang out with. But lucky you. You managed to loose all my respect over the course of this thread. Not that you care anyway

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
In a way, it's fun to read all the bullshit climate-change deniers are posting.

And bewildering at the same time to see how modern media are promoting a happy end of the world.

The problem is, if ignorants want to die, that's OK, but we live in a global environment. If half-brain cretins can live happily where they are in their small world, what the f*** after all?

But my children, my friends, the people around me don't have to pay for some foreign stupid ignorants.

And I still can(t believe MikcaelS was born in Australia. He probably doesn't care about what's happening there. Except making money at the expense of the rest of the world.

Typical of this part of US people who just don't give a shit about others.

Top Bottom