Climate change

Bananaman

Chumono
Reaction score
In a way, it's fun to read all the bullshit climate-change deniers are posting.

And bewildering at the same time to see how modern media are promoting a happy end of the world.

The problem is, if ignorants want to die, that's OK, but we live in a global environment. If half-brain cretins can live happily where they are in their small world, what the f*** after all?

But my children, my friends, the people around me don't have to pay for some foreign stupid ignorants.

And I still can(t believe MikcaelS was born in Australia. He probably doesn't care about what's happening there. Except making money at the expense of the rest of the world.

Typical of this part of US people who just don't give a shit about others.
Turned any cars over lately?

jmw_bonsai

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Turned any cars over lately?
Apparently his countrymen don't want his govt taking their money.
I guess that's why he is so upset with us US citizens and needs us to pay taxes to fix this "modern media" promoted problem.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
In a way, it's fun to read all the bullshit climate-change deniers are posting.

And bewildering at the same time to see how modern media are promoting a happy end of the world.

The problem is, if ignorants want to die, that's OK, but we live in a global environment. If half-brain cretins can live happily where they are in their small world, what the f*** after all?

But my children, my friends, the people around me don't have to pay for some foreign stupid ignorants.

And I still can(t believe MikcaelS was born in Australia. He probably doesn't care about what's happening there. Except making money at the expense of the rest of the world.

Typical of this part of US people who just don't give a shit about others.
I'm tired of your claim of others being ignorant so let's have at it.
Just for fun, let's say your belief about CO2 is right. Well then, I know my household CO2 released into the air based on the following:
1. My household electricity consumption and my state of Louisiana electrical generation efficiency as rated by the US department of energy.
2. My household gasoline, diesel, and propane purchase based on actual receipts (thank God I'm married to an ace accountant).
From the generation side, I have a decrease in consumption based on the things I'm doing such as going geothermal, increasing insulation, changing to LED light bulbs, have my home HVAC on smart control that will only put the house in comfort level when we are home and only begin to do that when we are leaving work to head home. There are many other things but those are just right off my head.

I also know the CO2 sequestration from my land based on the vegetation on the land. I also know the CO2 sequestration improvement from of the trees I planted this past year on my land and my neighbor's land using the simple rule of 13 lbs of CO2 per year per young tree. As the trees grow bigger, and they grow fast around here, that number surely will increase substantially. By the time I'm done, hopefully my land will have the CO2 sequestration capacity of mature woodland in 15 years.

Pray tell what you know about your CO2 situation and what you are doing and plan to do. You don't have to quote the exact number since we don't want your private information on the internet, but at least be honest and tell us what you really know about your situation and whether you are doing anything at all.

Bananaman

Chumono
Reaction score
I'm tired of your claim of others being ignorant so let's have at it.
Just for fun, let's say your belief about CO2 is right. Well then, I know my household CO2 released into the air based on the following:
1. My household electricity consumption and my state of Louisiana electrical generation efficiency as rated by the US department of energy.
2. My household gasoline, diesel, and propane purchase based on actual receipts (thank God I'm married to an ace accountant).
From the generation side, I have a decrease in consumption based on the things I'm doing such as going geothermal, increasing insulation, changing to LED light bulbs, have my home HVAC on smart control that will only put the house in comfort level when we are home and only begin to do that when we are leaving work to head home. There are many other things but those are just right off my head.

I also know the CO2 sequestration from my land based on the vegetation on the land. I also know the CO2 sequestration improvement from of the trees I planted this past year on my land and my neighbor's land using the simple rule of 13 lbs of CO2 per year per young tree. As the trees grow bigger, and they grow fast around here, that number surely will increase substantially. By the time I'm done, hopefully my land will have the CO2 sequestration capacity of mature woodland in 15 years.

Pray tell what you know about your CO2 situation and what you are doing and plan to do. You don't have to quote the exact number since we don't want your private information on the internet, but at least be honest and tell us what you really know about your situation and whether you are doing anything at all.
He’s busy making sure Macron is comfortable in his basement. You can run but you can’t hide, the guys with the pitch forks will find him!!!

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Come Alain, I dare you. Let's have it!

We have a saying here :

"Il n'est pire sourd qui ne veut entendre", "There are none so deaf as those who will not listen."

Those who don't know are ignorants, those who know and don't do anything are criminals.

He’s busy making sure Macron is comfortable in his basement.

You must be misinformed, but ignorance is not a deadly disease, I still think it can be cured. The best weapon is critical mind, which so far you seem to lack of.

For instance:

Yes, there is social unrest in France, and for a part, it's justified. There were protests that turned violent in the past weeks, but that was because of the far-right (what steve Bannon went to promote in Europe after being fired by your local potentate) and far-left activists, and then, just gangs of hoodlums at night.

But on December 1st, all TV channels only reported the violence in the street. More spectacular. 8,000 "yellow vests" in the Champs-Elysées, 12,000 people marching peacefully against violence against women at the same time in other streets of Paris.

Much more viewers, and then, profit for media corporations to show what a few hundred extremists did : 20 to 30 minutes on the evening news for 8,000 (among which 300 hooligans) compared to 12,000 people demonstrating peacefully for human rights. I suppose you watch Fake Fox News. The cesspool of American journalism.

Yesterday, about the same number of "yellow vest" protesters, and a peaceful march on another part of the city of Paris, this time 17,000 people, almost twice as many, for "la marche pour le climat".

So yes, you're an ignorant.

I like "ethnic" music, for it's often full of what you seem to lack.

Back to 1991 :

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
your local potentate
You meant Vladmirs' Putintate.

Macron needs to suck up to MBS.
Build a hotel in Saudi arabia.
Let him get away with murder.
It helps keep gas prices down.

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
We have a saying here :

"Il n'est pire sourd qui ne veut entendre", "There are none so deaf as those who will not listen."

Those who don't know are ignorants,

I see. So that would make you an ignorant then right?
So what's a ''climate change denier''?

Bananaman

Chumono
Reaction score
Kind of cold tonight....

I'm gonna burn my wood fired fireplace and belch about 7.3 pounds of Co2. Just my way of giving back to save a tree.

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Kind of cold tonight....

I'm gonna burn my wood fired fireplace and belch about 7.3 pounds of Co2. Just my way of giving back to save a tree.

I just got home with a truckload of beautiful dry buckskin larch. My fireplace runs pretty much 24/7 for 5 months of every year.

I only cut trees that are already dead in the forest so they are no longer sequestering carbon as they did when alive and growing. Every stick of wood that I heat my house with would have within a relatively short time frame landed on the ground and began to decompose. When wood decomposes the carbon oxidizes and releases the same amount of co2 into the atmosphere as burning it does.

If I was heating with gas that wood that I’ve brought in would still be releasing co2 by decomposing and I would also be emitting co2 that would otherwise have been locked underground permanently. Often when I’m sawing wood I also wind up cleaning up some tangled mess and freeing up some understory growth. Result is trees free to grow faster and sequester more carbon more quickly.
I suppose I am removing potential OM from the forest that may have contributed to faster regrowth in the long term.

Last edited:

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I. When wood decomposes the carbon oxidizes and releases the same amount of co2 into the atmosphere as burning it does.

Yeah but you are releasing that co2 in five minutes rather than five months or five years. However, go ahead and burn. Fire is natural and co2 is good.

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yeah but you are releasing that co2 in five minutes rather than five months or five years. However, go ahead and burn. Fire is natural and co2 is good.

I can burn up a pretty big tree in a month. Around here that tree can take 30 years or more to fully decay. Often a lot longer than that actually, some of them will take longer just to fall over and hit the ground.

But the volume accumulates over the years, each year I burn the same amount but the quantity thats not out the decaying and releasing co2 gets greater every year. Eventually it will catch up and I will have “saved” an equal or more amount than my annual emissions due to accumulated past wood removal. Eventually, and it may well be some years after I stop stoking my fire it all works out close to zero. Right? Maybe..
If I was heating with say, coal (deeply sequestered carbon) that’s not a bioavavailable carbon already in the surface cycle then it would be a different story.
I can only hope you’re right concerning your views on co2 being a great thing to pump out, that would be a relief. We’ll all be looking back and laughing 20 years from now?

Man, I was scraping ice off windows the other day, not on the outside but on the inside of the house. A few degrees warmer eh? Hmmm.

A. Gorilla

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/12/kenya-wants-to-run-entirely-on-green-energy-by-2020

Can't believe all these countries are wasting their money on renewable energies!

Keeping office lights on a portion of the day with renewables is all quaint and heart warming, but brass tacks: jumbo jets need to get off the ground, trains need to roll, and tankers need to cross the oceans to sustain something resembling our current 1st world life styles.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/12/kenya-wants-to-run-entirely-on-green-energy-by-2020

Can't believe all these countries are wasting their money on renewable energies!
It depends. Countries with large terrain and poor power grid like Kenya can benefit from solar. Many of my friends have solar systems at their house and they are good. In my experience solar system at the point of use is effective. Wind turbines suck and their blade noise will drive you crazy.

When it comes to transportation, the advantage of petroleum based vehicles still put them at the top particularly on long hauls or emergency situations. I'll never use an electric car in my neck of the woods. Imagine charging your car with your emergency generator.

Bananaman

Chumono
Reaction score
I just got home with a truckload of beautiful dry buckskin larch. My fireplace runs pretty much 24/7 for 5 months of every year.

I only cut trees that are already dead in the forest so they are no longer sequestering carbon as they did when alive and growing. Every stick of wood that I heat my house with would have within a relatively short time frame landed on the ground and began to decompose. When wood decomposes the carbon oxidizes and releases the same amount of co2 into the atmosphere as burning it does.

If I was heating with gas that wood that I’ve brought in would still be releasing co2 by decomposing and I would also be emitting co2 that would otherwise have been locked underground permanently. Often when I’m sawing wood I also wind up cleaning up some tangled mess and freeing up some understory growth. Result is trees free to grow faster and sequester more carbon more quickly.
I suppose I am removing potential OM from the forest that may have contributed to faster regrowth in the long term.
You are a sensible man. I agree whole heartedly.

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
"wireme, post: 610847, member: 11669"]I can burn up a pretty big tree in a month. Around here that tree can take 30 years or more to fully decay. Often a lot longer than that actually, some of them will take longer just to fall over and hit the ground.

But the volume accumulates over the years, each year I burn the same amount but the quantity thats not out the decaying and releasing co2 gets greater every year. Eventually it will catch up and I will have “saved” an equal or more amount than my annual emissions due to accumulated past wood removal. Eventually, and it may well be some years after I stop stoking my fire it all works out close to zero. Right? Maybe..

By burning the wood that would otherwise lay on the ground slowly decomposing, you are liberating the carbon much faster, therefore you are artificially increasing the rate of emission into the atmosphere. But yes it would eventually find it's way there anyway. Burning the coal would liberate co2 which would not happen naturally.
Man, I was scraping ice off windows the other day, not on the outside but on the inside of the house. A few degrees warmer eh? Hmmm.

Not yet! About 0.8 degrees C over the last 100 years is the usual ''best estimate'' I don't agree with it. I think it's probably almost zero. "(I believe very hot years/decades and very cold years/decades are mostly just weather ''noise'' which happens within a given climate) Depends where you start your trend line. It certainly has not warmed at all in the last 18 years globally, but it has warmed a little regionally - such as the Arctic, but even those figures may be bogus. A lot of those temp estimates are just made up because there are few stations there and the satellites don't measure those latitudes very well. So I'm guessing you will be scraping ice for many years to come! :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom