Clorgan's 2020-2025 azalea entry

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
That’s great growth. My initial impression was to simplify and chop low over and over just above the lowest growth each time after growing out. Dunno if folks have tried this. I haven’t seen it on this thread but might of missed it.

That would mean no flowers for a couple 3-4 years

btw: As it seems one must establish street creds on this thread….. I do possess an R. daricum. Its small, and sends this have brittle wood once a branch is three years old. Already cracked one!

Cheers
DSD sends

Clorgan

Omono
Reaction score
That’s great growth. My initial impression was to simplify and chop low over and over just above the lowest growth each time after growing out. Dunno if folks have tried this. I haven’t seen it on this thread but might of missed it.

That would mean no flowers for a couple 3-4 years

btw: As it seems one must establish street creds on this thread….. I do possess an R. daricum. Its small, and sends this have brittle wood once a branch is three years old. Already cracked one!

Cheers
DSD sends
Thanks for the thoughts! Yeah I need to get rid of several of the stumps, too much going on
Azalea are still a bit of a mystery to me, especially deciduous... Not sure I'll have something contest worth by the end, but I'm happy that it's still alive at least!

Noted about the brittle branches!

Top Bottom