Close to 100 Degrees Today

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Will not need this for the next few weeks hopefully! Put some burlap coffee bags on the benches...creates some humidity and provides a little evaporative cooling when I wet them down. Will play with the plant positioning when the sun gets a little stronger.20170423_163640-3024x2268.jpg

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
We have a black woven mesh with different values available - 25 / 50 / 75 % shade.
But apart from say the Sageretia t. most of the other trees are full sun.
Here's the odd part, our Sun is hotter than yours, but our highs are usually around 93 deg.F for 10 to 30 minutes.
When the rains come we will drop back to 86 and less.

Humidity is at a low of 45 % but goes back up at night to 70 - 80 %
Lots of breeze recently.
Fascinating world weather.
Good Day
Anthony

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Watch reflected heat. It's a killer.
It is a killer...this is the east side of the house about the best I can do. Anthony this is one of three shades I have. It is actually the one I save for August I have a 50 and a 75...our problem is we hit a hundred by noon and stays over 100 until 9-10 in the evening.

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ya....Smokes Daisy Duke shorts look like a GP medium tent compared to what I wear in July and August to water my plants.

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Az,

this is why we backed off on non-local trees. Two years ago, we were growing Sageretia t, upstairs under the Pomegranate
tree. Tree died and the Sparrow's plum took sun from 10 until 3. Seemed to be okay.
Come Christmas, branches died off, and the shrubs looked like crap.

Back to under the other tree. Start over, if it can be done.

Locals don't have an exposure problem.
Good Day
Anthony

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Your local coffee grinder and roaster...not Starbucks. I believe these cost me 1 or 2 bucks a bag. If they grind enough coffee they may give them away...coffee is another hobby of mine :)

Top Bottom