Club in or near Riverside, CA

mustt65

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
hi everyone, i been trying to find a local bonsai club to join near my area. I've found one club that i guess use to meet at UCR botanical garden but i cant seem to find any info anymore or if the club is still even around anymore. After 2 years of talking my SO's ear off about bonsai i think shes finally feed up lol, only to find out sometimes I'm talking to myself. I been really wanting to join a club but the closes one i find is in Anaheim. Does anyone know of a club in the Riverside, CA area?

Mr.E

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I looked for a while too, but to no avail. I think the closest might be in Chino, especially with traffic. I never persued it any farther because the times of meetings didn't make sense for me at the time. I hope that helps.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I looked for a while too, but to no avail. I think the closest might be in Chino, especially with traffic. I never persued it any farther because the times of meetings didn't make sense for me at the time. I hope that helps.

.......him too..........;):D:D:D:D:D:D

mustt65

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
yes i did see that one and i believe eastern leaf in chino also has a workshop on Saturdays throughout spring and summer. i did go to a couple of Takashi “Tak” Shimazu workshops at his house (in Riverside) but the last time i went he mentioned he was going to stop the monthly workshops/ meets.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
The chino guys are cool, David and his Wife June are real nice people with the most extensive collection of California juniper ive ever seen, they meet every 1st Sunday of the month at 9am at his house but I recommend scheduling a visit to his garden first to take a look around and meet them, that can be done pretty much any day of the week, heres the website https://www.bonsaijidai.com/....... Thats what I did although I dont go to meets right now because im building up workable stock, im in south Ontario myself

mustt65

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
The chino guys are cool, David and his Wife June are real nice people with the most extensive collection of California juniper ive ever seen, they meet every 1st Sunday of the month at 9am at his house but I recommend scheduling a visit to his garden first to take a look around and meet them, that can be done pretty much any day of the week, heres the website https://www.bonsaijidai.com/.
thank you for the info, i will be contacting them for a meet. not to fond of the drive but it may be worth it.

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The chino guys are cool, David and his Wife June are real nice people with the most extensive collection of California juniper ive ever seen, they meet every 1st Sunday of the month at 9am at his house but I recommend scheduling a visit to his garden first to take a look around and meet them, that can be done pretty much any day of the week, heres the website https://www.bonsaijidai.com/....... Thats what I did although I dont go to meets right now because im building up workable stock, im in south Ontario myself
David is one of our sensei that comes to help out at the Phoenix Bonsai Society. Nice people. Just had a class with him last weekend. They do a lot for our group.

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Sounds like an opportunity for the two of you to start a study group in Riverside?

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
. i did go to a couple of Takashi “Tak” Shimazu workshops at his house (in Riverside) but the last time i went he mentioned he was going to stop the monthly workshops/ meets.
Did you ask him why he wanted to stop workshop? If he really wants to stop teaching, it is very pity!

By the way, we have quite a bit of bonsai lovers in Inland Empire! May be we should organize one bonsai study group here ?
Thụ Thoại

hemmy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
not to fond of the drive but it may be worth it.
They have some amazing looking trees, I’ve been wanting to make the drive down there for awhile. I also get something from them at the shows, akadama or decent production pots. Also to troll you a little, how long is the Riverside to Chino drive? 30min? Where can you drive anywhere out here in less than 30min?! Most places in the country you might have to drive for 300miles just to see a decent bonsai! ???

toasalp

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Maybe everybody from Riverside or I.E. meet somewhere introduce each other maybe start our own club. Me I'm no Sensei just a rookie.

vicincalif

Seed
Reaction score
I live in downtown Riverside. I'm a rookie but would love to attend a local group to learn more

Top Bottom