CM Bonsai. Developing a Seedling Cutting

EPM

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks.With the co2, ambient air is about 375 ppm or so....if you bump up to 1000 ppm tou get around 50% more photosynthesis!
You are correct though...co2 fertilization is only useful if tou dial in wverything else 40-60% humidity......80-84f degrees with co2 is beneficial although 75-80 is ok like regular environments.Good intense light from led or hid,lec etc.
Without one thing co2 is a waste!!!

As far as the early branching use a 5:2 ratio fulvic acid powder/kelp powder or 1/8tsp fulvic acid- 1/16 tsp kelp per gallon of water.
Fulvic acid is low molecular weight humic substance that will transport plant growth promoting elements directly into cell ions in as little as 4 hours.So It carries the cytokonins in the kelp through the leaves of the trees when used as a foliar spray NO MORE THAN ONCE A WEEK OR IT WILL BURN NEEDLES AND ALSO RINSE LEAVES IF IN YOUR FERTILIZER ROOT DRENCHES FROM NORMAL WATERING.
Even every two weeks will produce the branching and short internode result.
What happens is the cytokonins interupt the auxin signal in the meristem(terminal shoot leader) of the tree and makes it have early side-bud growth as a result.It initiates the trees genetic survival mechanism of popping side buds like when the branch is broken or topped,but of course without removing the leader. Total win win in bonsai.

Also mix some yucca root powder 1/16 tsp per 5 gallons to the foliar spray to spread the water droplets onto the waxy needles......On tiny germinating seedlings use an atomizing hairdressing sprayer to produce a fine mist so as to adhere to pine needles and stem like dew...older needles can just use a pump sprayer ALSO PH FOLIAR SPRAY. TO 6.2-7.0
Great post. Definitely eye opening and interesting. What do you use for fertilizer and substrate/media? Are you using RO water? What concentration of N and how often?

roberthu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
I am curious about if you thought about starting some JRP or JWP seedlings? I am having a hard time finding JRP materials for some reason.

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Great post. Definitely eye opening and interesting. What do you use for fertilizer and substrate/media? Are you using RO water? What concentration of N and how often?
See post #423 of the linked thread...

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I’m thinking pancake nebari if I can get a few leaders off the roots like his!!!!!

roberthu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Seems about 50% or more always have the multi-branch clump outcome in every crop I have.
Thanks!
I
It’s why you are my go to person when it comes to JBP seedlings.

SeanS

Omono
Reaction score
Johannesburg, South Africa (SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE)
USDA Zone
9b
Check this video.......what do tou think?

I am at work I need to watch this😆
Seems k owledgable though especially from his photo........definately what I have in mind.

View attachment 322304
I’ve got 2 x 3 year old seedlings from the guy that made this video arriving today. He released his 2020 batch of seedlings yesterday and they’re all basically sold out. I got in first and got one of his 4 neagari seedlings and another “regular” seedling.

Can’t wait for the courier to arrive later! :D

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I’ve got 2 x 3 year old seedlings from the guy that made this video arriving today. He released his 2020 batch of seedlings yesterday and they’re all basically sold out. I got in first and got one of his 4 neagari seedlings and another “regular” seedling.

Can’t wait for the courier to arrive later! :D
Awsome......I still have to watch the video😆
I will get Siri to remind me this evening.

post a picture....Will be very cool to see your trees!!

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Growing quickly.....

I guess this will go outside 1st week of September.
That should give enough time to prepare for Winter.I will give some heavy doses of Bloom fertilizer to get the essential oils flowing in the uv light outside.

Have to give multiple pots just to keep proper moisture....water twice a day.
It will remain in the pint size Rootpouch till’ I bring it back into the grow room around January and then I will tansplant into a quart pot.
Should grow big time in my early indoor Spring.I would like to see candles push indoors....have yet to see that!!
8C65166F-9B8A-4D99-BD68-3D5D27748162.jpegC3C5C2E6-7755-477E-8518-13730BF2B127.jpegC2EEE73D-AB52-4E50-A483-E1B870EEE4CE.jpeg

Last edited:

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
OUTSIDE INTO THE SUNLIGHT!

I could not resist......Seems perfect timing really.Lots of 80-85f days ahead.
I will give bloom fertilizer....about 1.4-1.6 Ec
I would never go over 1.6 ec really for anything.
The color should get really fantastic within a week.
I will continue everything identical as indoors with foliars and such.
I can only provide 7 -8 hrs of direct sun....although it is in the open and will get radient uv after that.
8C61EC65-4528-45DC-9629-CB1ABCE6B90B.jpeg

Attachments

• 9FFCC639-702E-465F-B142-8E5442166006.jpeg
    9FFCC639-702E-465F-B142-8E5442166006.jpeg
    333.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 9C8C07A5-6F04-43A6-84D6-9127FB4D956B.jpeg
    9C8C07A5-6F04-43A6-84D6-9127FB4D956B.jpeg
    455 KB · Views: 13

AnacortesSteve

Yamadori
Reaction score
Great post, I had not seen anyone working on CO2 when I started researching a few months ago, lots of studies done to test climate change issues but it was amazing how little PPM made a 50% growth increase. I am sure it will be in my future by next spring.

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Great post, I had not seen anyone working on CO2 when I started researching a few months ago, lots of studies done to test climate change issues but it was amazing how little PPM made a 50% growth increase. I am sure it will be in my future by next spring.
Thanks!
It’s pretty fun........Is great bringing into the sun also.

Top Bottom