C'mon do something already

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
You should be styling trees via clip & grow and wiring. If all you're doing is growing-on for big plants, then you're running a nursery. Others can do it better and cheaper. If you're waiting for the finished trees to jump on to the bench, try to remember that it generally takes ~5 or more years of detailing to make something ~finished~, and then the real work starts to maintain it. The difference between trees in process of refinement for five years and ten years is night and day. The difference at 15 and 20 years and so on is also very apparent. Of course, it's debatable whether the time in training is you training the trees or you becoming trained by the trees. Growing them is a rewarding endeavor, but training them is the really satisfying part of the process. I don't see that you have started the process. :rolleyes: I hope I'm wrong.

Warlock

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
add fertilizer!? Build a bench?
i am adding fert and just got some wood to build a bench thingy..

Decandle the pines? Repot some junipers? Find some 0:10:10 fert to use in the fall?
can i decandle JBP in August?

Buy more trees.
ooh.. i am LOL!!

You should be styling trees via clip & grow and wiring. Growing them is a rewarding endeavor, but training them is the really satisfying part of the process. I don't see that you have started the process. :rolleyes: I hope I'm wrong.
i was with the understanding i should wait till winter to do some styling/wiring.. was going to wait to do some trimming of some branches.. i also plan to repot them during that time..

Warlock

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
It's summer in Texas.. so 100 deg days .. they are thirsty! thanks for the input guys!!!

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
can i decandle JBP in August?

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
you can style in summer. but with your temps..

also, trunks need to have a fair size before you start the canopy. dont be distracted by twigs in pots!🤔😂

Top Bottom