Coast photos Oregon!

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
The fun part of Oregon coast in winter is the stormy weather, and gale winds, both of which we got to experience. It's always a relaxing trip, and exhilarating as well.
Here is an amazing rainbow that turned into a double, what a cool thing to see over the ocean.IMG_0073.jpgIMG_0074.jpgIMG_0075.jpgIMG_0073.jpgIMG_0074.jpgIMG_0075.jpg

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
The requisite sunset photo, one of the only sunsets we had as it was rainy quite a lot, but not a problem for us, just put on a raincoat and go out in it anyway! Some cool beaches, last shot is Nehalem from the top of Neahkahnie mountain, a nice climb this year, not much ice.
P1030433.jpgP1030441.jpgP1030442.jpgP1030443.jpgP1030445.jpgP1030433.jpgP1030441.jpgP1030442.jpgP1030443.jpgP1030445.jpg

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You definetly get street cred for going to a place like this in winter, instead of a resort in the caribbean. I long to visit America's north west! Beautiful shots from your hike!

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
You definetly get street cred for going to a place like this in winter, instead of a resort in the caribbean. I long to visit America's north west! Beautiful shots from your hike!
We are not that type of vacation people, lol. We go backpacking out west in the fall, winter is our “relaxing” trip of the year. We don’t like hot weather, cold is good, and without snow you can still hike. Our other winter trip place is Big Bend in TX, but it’s not easy like this place...

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Beautiful Judy, wonderful scenery. Did you get a picture of Andrew Robson's beech? post it here if you did. Thanks

One of the better trips I took was Anchorage Alaska in late February. Fabulous time to go. And I don't ski, or do snowshoeing, though it would have been a great time for that. Kenai peninsula & Homer was at ''off season prices''. Very affordable. You should consider it.

I owe my Oregon relatives a visit. I need to get out there.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Beautiful Judy, wonderful scenery. Did you get a picture of Andrew Robson's beech? post it here if you did. Thanks

One of the better trips I took was Anchorage Alaska in late February. Fabulous time to go. And I don't ski, or do snowshoeing, though it would have been a great time for that. Kenai peninsula & Homer was at ''off season prices''. Very affordable. You should consider it.

I owe my Oregon relatives a visit. I need to get out there.
I did not get a photo of the beech stupidly, but the pictures he’s posted here are better than anything I could’ve taken with my phone.
We’ve always wanted to do an Alaska trip....it’s on the list.

Soldano666

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5is
Such a cool place, I went to Springfield / Eugene a few years ago and went straight west to the ocean to do some fishing not sure what the town was , but reminded me of the town from The Goonies. The scenery is awesome out there. Much like the coastline and woods I have off the coast of Maine.

fore

Omono
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing Judy. We are actually leaving Chicago for a move to Portland OR in the spring! Three great reasons: family, bonsai and stunning beauty...oh, make that 4..No Snow! ;)

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Thanks for sharing Judy. We are actually leaving Chicago for a move to Portland OR in the spring! Three great reasons: family, bonsai and stunning beauty...oh, make that 4..No Snow! ;)
Wow, that's super cool. You will love it there, but I don't know how your trees that have long dormancy requirements will do for you there. Excited for you! Maybe we can finally meet...

Joe Dupre'

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Gorgeous scenery. Mountains, rocks and conifers are something special for a flat-lander like myself. We have one "mountain" in Louisiana.........535 feet! LOL!

Andrew Robson

Shohin
Reaction score
And one bad photo (old iphone, lol) of Mt. Hood from the Japanese garden in Portland. That garden is very nice, only one bonsai was there as they don't display in the winter, happily it was @Andrew Robson 's large beech. That thing is HUGE and very nice.

Judy, glad you were able to see my beech! Hope you had a nice visit to Portland, sorry I missed you!

Attachments

• IMGP8103.jpeg
    IMGP8103.jpeg
    197.7 KB · Views: 36
  • AndrewRobsonBeechDisplaySharp-1.jpg
    AndrewRobsonBeechDisplaySharp-1.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 37

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Thanks for sharing Judy. Have you ever collected on the coast? I would love to go over there and collect, 8 hrs away from me if you drive fast. Peter

fore

Omono
Reaction score
Wow, that's super cool. You will love it there, but I don't know how your trees that have long dormancy requirements will do for you there. Excited for you! Maybe we can finally meet...

That would be outstanding Judy. We luckily were able to land Mon night back home in Chicago. Last week in Portland looking at homes. So hard trying to find homes with a solid south or west facing homes with light. I don't think dormancy is going to be a problem as Ryan doesn't have any problems with his evergreens.
Either way, not looking forward to the move! ;-)

Top Bottom