Cold Temps After Repot

coltranem

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Here in the Northeast we are holding just above freezing. Supposed to hit a low if 33 F tonight. I have been moving any tree I repotted this year in. Am I over doing it?

What temp do you usually plan to bring recently repotted trees in for?

How long after repotting do you feel it is safe to keep a cold hardy tree outside below 32 F? 3 weeks, 4 weeks, not until the following fall?

Thanks

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
doesn't hurt. It's 35 here tonight and I have everything in the garage, repotted or otherwise (new growth). Except the Jack pine, this is a warm spell for that thing. Something I try to keep in mind is that the earth is an amazing insulator and tree's roots don't experience massive swings in temperature like they do in a pot. I really don't baby my trees but I try to minimize the really harsh swings

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
DSC00513.JPG
...re-pot on March 9th!

DSC00527.JPG
march 31st...only would I bring "undercover" to preserve the flowers...what's the time frame, three weeks?

Today....seems to have made it thru the recent cold-blast...just left it right where it's pictured.
DSC00607.JPG
still with a nice red...
DSC00608.JPG

have to think that our climates should be pretty similar @coltranem . I think it really depends on the weather as opposed to a certain length of time. But I figured three-four weeks would be enough.

Top Bottom