Collected bald cypress for sale

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I have bald cypress collected from the swamp for sale. These are pre-bonsai BC with major root prune done and new roots growing. Shipping will be via UPS. You will be charged what UPS charges me.

I have BC of all sizes/prices. PM me with size and/or price range if you are interested.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Were they all collected this spring, or are you selling trees that have had a year to get established?
Both. The ones collected earlier this year already have plenty of good roots.

Gabler

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Both. The ones collected earlier this year already have plenty of good roots.

You do get an earlier start to the growing season down there than we do up here. My trees haven’t all leafed out yet. One of my oak’s buds are just now starting to swell and crack open. I’m not sure why it’s taking its time compared to others from the same crop of acorns. I’m chalking it up to genetic variability.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You do get an earlier start to the growing season down there than we do up here. My trees haven’t all leafed out yet. One of my oak’s buds are just now starting to swell and crack open. I’m not sure why it’s taking its time compared to others from the same crop of acorns. I’m chalking it up to genetic variability.
It's because the spring up here has been chaotic as far as temperatures go. In Va., we've been 15-20 degrees below normal for weeks. We've had spikes into the 90's as well. All my trees leafed out a month or more ago, including my BC. My live oak has been shedding leaves for a month and is now pushing new leaves.

With the extreme lower temps in the last couple of weeks, everything has slowed down considerably. Where my BC, cedar elms and live oak began pushing growth aggressively in the two or three days of 80-90 F temps in mid-April, it's taken two weeks for them to push extension growth. It has been getting down into the mid-lower 40's here at night. There was snow yesterday in the higher ridges in the Blue Ridge in Western Va. and W.Va yesterday.

All this means soil temps in pots remains chaotically low. Forty five degree soil or just below reduces growth significantly. Soil temp above 50 into 70's or 80's steps on the accelerator--particularly for species native to warmer parts of the U.S. It's supposed to be 70's by Saturday and warmer next week, so I expect things to pick up.

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
@August44 Did you want to BC before. I remember you were looking for one a few weeks ago.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I have bald cypress collected from the swamp for sale. These are pre-bonsai BC with major root prune done and new roots growing. Shipping will be via UPS. You will be charged what UPS charges me.

I have BC of all sizes/prices. PM me with size and/or price range if you are interested.
1IMG_7098.jpeg

2IMG_7097.jpeg

3IMG_7096.jpeg

4IMG_7095.jpeg

5IMG_7094.jpeg

6IMG_7093.jpeg

7IMG_7092.jpeg

8IMG_7091.jpeg

9IMG_7090.jpeg

10IMG_7089.jpeg

11IMG_7088.jpeg

12IMG_7087.jpeg

13IMG_7086.jpeg

14IMG_7085.jpeg

15IMG_7084.jpeg

16IMG_7083.jpeg

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I have to say the price is too good to pass! Two weeks ago I went to Lowe's to get some potting soil for flower beds. Stop by the tree section to check them out. I saw a few BC that has the trunk gird of about big toe and they go for 60 a piece. I will buy if you post some of your Mayhaw up for sale.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I have to say the price is too good to pass! Two weeks ago I went to Lowe's to get some potting soil for flower beds. Stop by the tree section to check them out. I saw a few BC that has the trunk gird of about big toe and they go for 60 a piece. I will buy if you post some of your Mayhaw up for sale.
At that price you owe me at least $400 for the forest 😁
What do you have in mind for the Mayhaw? To be honest the Mayhaw is rarer than the BCs.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
@Cajunrider do you have any little bitty ones? They look like fun and would probably survive the winter in the garage with the azaleas.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
@Cajunrider do you have any little bitty ones? They look like fun and would probably survive the winter in the garage with the azaleas.
How itty bitty?
To get a good looking base I would just chop a small one for you. BC had to get to a certain size before it gets interesting.
Number 4 is small but will need to be chopped and developed.
Number 8 is just a bit bigger and is super interesting as is.
Both can easily be kept in a garage in winter.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
@Carol 83 Am voting for #8.
I'm pretty sure if I bought a tree that big, it would cause some marital discord. We have a big anniversary coming up this summer and I'm hoping for really good present! Seriously, I just don't have room for something that big. Cool trees though.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Man, I’ve drooled over your BC’s since finding this site. They are just awesome looking trees. One day I’ll be able to own one. Until then I’ll just keep drooling and daydreaming about it.

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
@August44 Did you want to BC before. I remember you were looking for one a few weeks ago.
Thanks for remembering that! I had already purchased several before I saw this. Mine are not growing as yet because we still have colder weather here in NE Oregon, quite unlike Western Oregon by the way.

Top Bottom