Collected Blue Spruce

Reaction score
USDA Zone
This was collected this year, well, collected from the side of the road off the curb anyhow. (Curbsai) ;)

Another blue spruce, just what I needed, however I think this will be fun to work with.

Will

Attachments

• collected_blue_spruce_002_001_500.jpg
    collected_blue_spruce_002_001_500.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
This was collected this year, well, collected from the side of the road off the curb anyhow. (Curbsai) ;)

Another blue spruce, just what I needed, however I think this will be fun to work with.
Will

Do explain.....Curbsai..Lol
Mom

Reaction score
USDA Zone
People dig up old shubs and trees and toss them to the curb.

Bonsaist drives by, slams on brakes, checks condition of trunks and roots, if fresh and good, bonsaist throws in trunk and takes home. ;)

In this case someone who knew my passion called me up and told me her neighbor was trowing out a bunch of trees, by the time I got there he was done digging them up and had them out at the curd for trash pickup. I gave him a card and told him that I would have dug them up and hauled them away for free...he laughed and said, now you tell me. :D

Curbsai, picked up off the curb. ;)

Will

tom tynan

Mame
Reaction score
Will:

When you run across Blue Spruce that has it origins as landscape material - do you typically find them as a grafted tree and therefore - do you have problems with the graft union - at least visually and sometimes even worse - reverse taper. Just a thought because when I search for Blue Spruce - I always have to start with the graft union....

Tom

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sometimes, I have been lucky lately, no grafts.I think the landscapers here buy from Christmas tree farms where they are grown from seedlings it seems?

Will

1959_heidim

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Will,
Bless you for saving it, and your friend for letting you know it was there.
It does look like a fun one: keep us posted.
Regards,
1959heidim

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thank you.

Here is another picture that shows the tree a little better....

Attachments

• collected_blue_spruce_002_002_500.jpg
    collected_blue_spruce_002_002_500.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 53

zelk

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
;)

I Had To Edit This Cause Somebody Got Upset

Last edited:

Martin Sweeney

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Zelk,

I do not know what you are trying to prove here, but I must say I am disappointed in most of the posts I have seen from you. Please try to post something constructive. I don't know who you are, or what makes you post such immature comments, but please stop. It would be beneficial to all of us, most especially you.

Please PM me any replies you wish to make to me concerning anything in this post. We have both taken up too much of the BonsaiNut Community's time.

I would respectfully request deletion of this post and the previous post made by Zelk by our host, BonsaiNut.

Regards,
Martin

grog

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Given the apparent inefficacy of wiring branches with spruce I'm curious if there are drawbacks to the use of cutting wedges to effect directional change. Good, bad, ugly?

Top Bottom