Collected Bonsai Orientation

Pixar

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Hahahaha...that would have kept some cash in your pocket and when youre 15 and cashed up, life's good :cool:👍
Clever business sense for a young lad ;)
My old man would have kill me if I took cash from the family business
Anyway I own a Jaycar Electronics store now :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just thought id mention...the tree's orientation in photos 1 and 4 would make the best front i think - its the viewing angle that shows the best movement in the trunk and the tree will be bowing at you too (one of the "rules" when placing your bonsai in its pot).
Its not a stead fast rule but it does make a notable difference when viewing the tree.
Maybe even a slight twist clock-wise, from its current position in photos 1 and 4, to show a little more movement.
Have fun : ) cheers mate.

Reaction score
My old man would have kill me if I took cash from the family business
Anyway I own a Jaycar Electronics store now :)
Ive got a couple of mates that are just like you...always been good at making money, they cant help themselves, they've just got a knack for it.
All the best with your business, im sure youre doing aok 👍
NEVER cross the old man...those guys are old school and as staunch as f**k.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
As far as orientation goes... I change my trees' orientations based on their needs. The side facing the sun is the side that I want to receive the most energy. This is usually the back of the tree, but not always. For example, I have several cascades where the cascading branch clearly is facing the sun. And if I am trying to get a tree to push buds, I make sure that part of the tree faces away from the sun.

Pixar

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Thanks Bonsai Nut , I'll rotate 90 degrees clockwise and see what happens .
Might also remove my Aroha Stone as the extra weight not needed now

Last edited:
Top Bottom