Collected Colorado Blue Spruce

Jester217300

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Here's a tree that I bought this past Tuesday from The Flower Market and worked this past Sunday with Bjorn. I believe this is a Randy Knight / Walter Pall collected / distributed tree that originally ended up at Hidden Gardens in Chicago and then made its way to MI. Kurt Smith from The Flower Market brought Bjorn in for a few days which culminated in a workshop this weekend. Bjorn also hosted an open house with free demos at The Flower Market and did a demo at the Ann Arbor Bonsai Society.

Here's a quick before and after. Wiring is so-so but i'm improving every time I take a class. Bjorn was a great person to learn from, by far one of the best teachers I've encountered taking professional classes.

20180624_174711.jpg

20180624_174554.jpg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Great tale!

Sick!

Sorce

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I hope it does well, it is a nice tree, a beautiful tree with great possibilities but removal of too much foliage can be fatal.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I saw this tree at our club show last year. Kurt got it from a young man named Mark who was selling some trees there.
He wasn't going to sell it but got caught up in the moment.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice base, great twin trunks:cool:. Who decided removing so much green? You should not take rap if was Bjorn.

Top Bottom