Collected crabapple finally bloomed (a bit)

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Two years ago, I collected a crabapple...it finally bloomed a little this year. :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• P1160386.jpg
    P1160386.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 203
  • P1160388.jpg
    P1160388.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 209

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
The large rocks...for decoration I assume. Congrats on the blooms!

Thanks. No the lava rocks are my heat shield (like mulch). Lava works well since water go through easily and really great insulator. I need it during summer but got lazy and did not remove them. :D

Neli

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
hot
Do You plan to carve it? Looking good.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Do You plan to carve it? Looking good.

This tree has been on a roller coaster ride health wise. It is flourishing then die back, flourish again then die back...etc. I planned on carving it but for now, just trying to see if it will survive first.

Can't properly plan w/o knowing what I will have left after. LOL

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
All the flowers on this main tree dried and fell. :( I am bummed since I want to see the fruit. BUT, I later noticed a cutting I took from it also bloomed and it have 1 fruit! :cool: I am excited to see that and hope it reach maturity & ripen! It is about 1/4" in diameter now. :)

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
All the flowers on this main tree dried and fell. :( I am bummed since I want to see the fruit. BUT, I later noticed a cutting I took from it also bloomed and it have 1 fruit! :cool: I am excited to see that and hope it reach maturity & ripen! It is about 1/4" in diameter now. :)

Sounds like fine white scale honest happened to me last year and the Copper Fungicide worked miracles. Seems all Apple trees are susceptible to it - even the types that are labeled "resistant":rolleyes:

Grimmy

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Sounds like fine white scale honest happened to me last year and the Copper Fungicide worked miracles. Seems all Apple trees are susceptible to it - even the types that are labeled "resistant":rolleyes:

Grimmy

Not sure what that is but I know it is fungus that got my tree before...I saw it growing. ;)

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Not sure what that is but I know it is fungus that got my tree before...I saw it growing. ;)

Either way thanks! I just finished treating mine as they are breaking out with leafs. If I had waited longer they would have dropped. Windy day so eye protection was a MUST :eek:

Grimmy

Top Bottom