Collected eastern white cedar

Javaman4373

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Over a decade ago I bought 50 eastern white cedar from a local conservation district tree sale and planted them in our landscape. Many were killed by the deer in the winter, but some survived and are now 15 to 20 ft tall trees. I did find a few growing in shade that had been browsed by deer and severly stunted and one of those I transplanted to a pot last year. Its twisted trunk and roots caused me to plant it over a rock. This tree was in the ground over the winter and the foliage was quite brown by spring. Since then the foliage has gotten greener, but there has not been much new growth so far. I put some wire on it to give direction to the branches and the plan is to just let it grow. I am not sure where to go with this tree in terms of styling, but perhaps as it grows it will suggest a direction. It is 16 inches tall. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• wc 1.jpg
    wc 1.jpg
    362 KB · Views: 31
  • wc 2.jpg
    wc 2.jpg
    333.1 KB · Views: 31

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
There is definitely a promise of something there but I can't really work that well from pictures. I suggest you just study a lot of bonsai pictures until something jumps out at you that reflects your tree.

Top Bottom