Collected Flowering Quince

fredtruck

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Flowering quince are often repotted in the fall. I've just completed repotting my large clump, Chaenomeles Speciosa. Doing this has prompted me to write an essay on my experiences with this tree. It's called Fighting Rot in a Collected Chaenomeles Speciosa. This text covers the evolution of the clump, and repotting it. Additionally, I conclude with some aesthetic speculations on the nature of the clump design. To read the essay, click on this link:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24827596/Fighting Rot.pdf

Note: This essay is about 300 megabytes, so allow time for the download. It is heavily illustrated with photographs: more pictures, less text.

Attachments

• C_Speciosa 9-12-12 ul.jpg
    C_Speciosa 9-12-12 ul.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 99

TheSteve

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I'll be reading up since I"m about to repot mine.

fredtruck

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sorry about that. I don't know why it isn't working. I will check it out.

fredtruck

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
No. The file is available to the public. There is a checkmark on the file icon when I open the box, so it is ready for download. But, I notice that none of my larger files are downloading. I'm not sure what is going on.

Sorry for the delay.

TheSteve

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
It worked fine for me. I have a dropbox account though. Is that necessary to view the file?

fredtruck

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
No, it shouldn't be necessary. It's in the public folder.

I'm glad you had success.

fredtruck

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The link works. It's just extremely slow. You may have better success by copying the link and pasting it in the url box. That's what I did to make it work.

Ron Dennis

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
The link works. It's just extremely slow. You may have better success by copying the link and pasting it in the url box. That's what I did to make it work.

There are many photos and thus a slow download but it worked for me. Thanks for the information and I have saved the link and also printed it out so I can read tonight.

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks for the article

Very nicely done.
This article also confirms that if we want to create a bonsai that is somewhat large in size, we need to start with a large landscape specimen. Growing a small chaenomeles in a pot will take too long for any size larger than chuhin.

Top Bottom