Collected Jack Pines.

Waltron

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Here are a couple Jack Pines that I collected this year in early July. They seem to be alive and well. They are in grow bags, with mostly native soil, and I added a mixture of fir bark, pumice, DE, and sphag moss on the tops and sides of the grow bags. I have been watering with rain water, and given some fish/kelp liquid a few times, and I gave the first dose of dyna grow recently. the buds seem to be swelling a bit, and overall seem to be looking happy. I stare at these trees long and often trying to ponder design possibilities, and possible next steps into reducing them closer to the trunk. I dont have any sure fire great design ideas at this time but I am confident each one does offer decent potential. I have another one not pictured as well.
Tl2HseY.jpg
nRulNqp.jpg

this one I think I can bend the top down and back towards the right and achieve a decent image.. but i think there are quite a few other options on this one.. overall these are not prime material obviously, but will be great experience to monitor, and I feel each one does offer potential. the other one I have does as well, ill take more photos of that one and update later.
GwNtR2v.jpg

Waltron

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I totally agree Giga, and these ones look to be pushing, as each tip had a single pre bud when collected, now each main tip has about 3 or 4 swelling buds, so thats a good sign.

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I have access to perhaps a million Jack Pines. I would like to try tocollect some. I've read through the past threads and see that these are hard ..
http://www.bonsainut.com/
@Bonsai Nut, this account is a bot. It searches on the thread title and posts the google results, combined with some shady website selling pills.

Here is the original post it copied:
http://www.bonsainut.com/threads/collecting-jack-pines.17962/
I have access to perhaps a million Jack Pines......

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@Bonsai Nut, this account is a bot. It searches on the thread title and posts the google results, combined with some shady website selling pills.

Here is the original post it copied:
http://www.bonsainut.com/threads/collecting-jack-pines.17962/
I thought that sounded familiar. Dirty plagiarizing robot.
Let me at it! I'll pee saltwater down its dirty,copying throat!
To think I almost asked it exactly where it lived,because I thought it lived near me.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a

Waltron

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Love how the trees look in the night when it's raining.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    252.5 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    261.9 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    221.7 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg