Collected Pyracantha 1

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
On 3/16/2014, several local bonsai club members and I went on a dig. We finished at noon and had a great time. There were 6 of us but one is a boy helping his mom (so technically just 5). We only took 2-4 trees each.

Turned out there were 4 pyracantha and I took 2. Another friend took one but it was so difficult all 6 of us teamed up on it. All are in the property line and portion of each them are on the other side of the fence...I had to dig under the tree and fence to cut roots going the other way. It was hard!!!

Here are some pics...

Pyracantha 1
Pic taken after it was chopped.
attachment.php

As collected
attachment.php

After repotting..
attachment.php

On 04/12/2014, it got trimmed back a lot and sporting new growth already. Lots of carving coming next year. ;)
attachment.php

Attachments

• Pyracantha1.jpg
    Pyracantha1.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 132

Neli

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
hot
I love it...keep that big branch alive just in case you fail to contain the decay...give it some creative carving.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I love it...keep that big branch alive just in case you fail to contain the decay...give it some creative carving.

Thanks Neli. That is the plan. Proper execution is the hard part. :D

James H

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
very nice looking tree. I look forward to seeing what it looks like when you start carving on it.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
very nice looking tree. I look forward to seeing what it looks like when you start carving on it.

Thanks. At the rate this is growing, I might not have access by next year. LOL I hope the roots are growing at the same rate as the top.

Carving, I can easily do...doing it right and nicely is the problem. :eek:

Top Bottom