Collected sub alpine fir, triple trunk design.

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Any update on this? What a looker!
It has been some time! And I do need some updated photos to document the progress! I am pleased with the results so far in the past two years. I have not taken any photos since the end of January 2021. I have monitored and recently removed wire. Buds have been removed from locations not desired. New apical leaders have begun in suitable locations on the two smaller trunks. Will continue to grow out, wire, thin and cut back as appropriate. Standard developmental process.
It is time to check the tree over and assess the possible need for repotting. I will bring it in to the workshop in the next few weeks . Here are a couple of rough iPhone snaps. In order they are. Apical leader choices on smallest trunk. Apical leader on the medium sized trunk. Buds and shoots on trunk ( showing back bud ease) and the overall recovery on the tree.
Will follow up in a few weeks after a tune up in the workshop.

Attachments

• IMG_1089.JPG
    IMG_1089.JPG
    320 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1090.JPG
    IMG_1090.JPG
    290 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1092.JPG
    IMG_1092.JPG
    249.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1094.JPG
    IMG_1094.JPG
    278.7 KB · Views: 35

LeatherTree23

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
It’s so clearly a content and happy tree. Maybe that’s odd to say but a healthy tree just…looks different. I’m sure it’s the human eye taking in a thousand little details that don’t consciously register but…*shrugs* it’s a happy tree.

Top Bottom