Collecting at grandma's house

xghostx

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This past season the gardeners at my grandmother's house knocked over one of the hedges in the front lawn. I have not had a chance to speak with them and I am hoping to do so before they ruin the tree anymore or replace it. I am looking to collect it in the spring but I am not sure if the tree can wait. I was able to examine the tree and it has plenty of roots still grounded and I would think that it should survive until spring as is. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 121
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 116
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Put them on the hook, ask them to replace it in the spring, when they balk, tell them you will do the digging. afterall they damaged a customers property, if they are a good co., they'll jump at the plan.

Reaction score
what is it ??? I personally think it might be better to go ahead and remove it asap??? Two things to consider, it might become further damaged just laying on the ground... whether by further automobile accidents, lawnmower, snow, snowshovel, etc. Also, I would plan on loosing the foilage on the side that is touching the ground due to lack of sunlight and moisture, which will cause rot.

Top Bottom