Collecting in MA

coltranem

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I am not looking for secrets spots but i'd just like some general tips on rules, permits, and types of spaces to look. I found a nice group of Hawthorns in some DCR land but i am thinking those are off limits.

jeanluc83

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I would try to get involved with a local club. They will know the best about collecting in your area. Some clubs actually do collecting trips.

You might have better luck approaching private land owners for permission to collect.

I travel to upstate NY frequently. There is an area that I pass that I would love to get into to collect. It is most noticeable traveling east on 90 a bit after you pass the Blandford plaza and come down the big hill. There is a rocky hill on the left that looks like it is covered in pitch pine. I always thought it would be a great place to build a castle. I'm sure there is lots of stuff that would at the least be worth checking out.

I've looked into who owns it and it appears to be privately owned but I'm far enough away that it is tough to track down someone to ask for permission.

Top Bottom