Collecting in NJ 2021

parvae_arbores

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I am looking for places to collect pitch pine in March in NJ/NY/PA. I would like to do some "scouting" in the end of February and lift the trees in March. I am happy to pay for the trees I lift in either finders fee for the place to collect or directly for the trees to the land owner.

Njyamadori

Chumono
Reaction score
i believe @Njyamadori lives close to the Pine Barrens. he might know some good spots.
Yes I live down the road like 5 minute walk from some of the pine barrens . But i actually never found any good pitch pine only bittersweet near the entrance. So I’m not a good person to ask 😂

Rfarrell5888

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
I am looking for places to collect pitch pine in March in NJ/NY/PA. I would like to do some "scouting" in the end of February and lift the trees in March. I am happy to pay for the trees I lift in either finders fee for the place to collect or directly for the trees to the land owner.
If you want to head up to Massachusetts, i know a gold mine for dwarfed pitch pine. Its near mt everett

Njyamadori

Chumono
Reaction score
Also if there is any spots in NJ let me know. I hope the original poster comes back on since the last thing the person did was message me .

parvae_arbores

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
If you want to head up to Massachusetts, i know a gold mine for dwarfed pitch pine. Its near mt everett
It just so happens I need a vacation. I am guessing you sent that picture on the reddit bonsai channel of that gnarly pine at MT Everett.

parvae_arbores

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Yes I live down the road like 5 minute walk from some of the pine barrens . But i actually never found any good pitch pine only bittersweet near the entrance. So I’m not a good person to ask 😂
Sometimes it's hard to see the tree in the forest. If you go out looking for complete trees you are going to be disappointed.

Top Bottom