Colorado’s Ceramics

michaelj

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Time to do some "research!"

Seriously - it's the only reality show I'll watch - everyone is so nice to each other.
I love that show. Favorite reality show ever. No backstabbing. No contrived drama. The drama is just about the work, and especially, unloading the kiln, and that drama is 100% real.

Jcmmaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes wood firing is something that is really cool and I love the look of it. Keep up the good work and keep sharing, I need the motivation to get back at it.

Wood

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I love that show. Favorite reality show ever. No backstabbing. No contrived drama. The drama is just about the work, and especially, unloading the kiln, and that drama is 100% real.

I'm trying to figure out how to watch the holiday special and the new season. Such a fun show

Sansokuu

Chumono
Reaction score
It’s one of the red ones! Might have to grab some other shapes in the red since I like it so much.
View attachment 466169
Ohh nice ! I really like using a super thin flexible metal rib for scraping surfaces but this might have a lighter touch. I use their metal ribs, they are my thinnest and most flexible.

Sansokuu

Chumono
Reaction score
Great, now you have me shopping on their site lol. That fang tool for scoring ! 😍

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Ohh nice ! I really like using a super thin flexible metal rib for scraping surfaces but this might have a lighter touch. I use their metal ribs, they are my thinnest and most flexible.

Yes I also use a thin metal rib as a critical tool in my process! Then I use the red rubber one as more of a finishing/polishing tool. The red is definitely a very light touch.

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Great, now you have me shopping on their site lol. That fang tool for scoring ! 😍
Well now maybe I need to check out their site to see if they have anything that isn’t in stock at my local pottery shop…… 😁

Sansokuu

Chumono
Reaction score
Well now maybe I need to check out their site to see if they have anything that isn’t in stock at my local pottery shop…… 😁
I love their wire tools too. I usually use dirty girl cutting wires but sometimes they break at the crimp area (they make super thin ones, really good for porcelain).

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I love their wire tools too. I usually use dirty girl cutting wires but sometimes they break at the crimp area (they make super thin ones, really good for porcelain).
I will have to check those out, thanks for the recommendation!

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very impressed by your progression in regard to your "formal" shapes. Crisp, clean lines with fine symmetry and properly sized feet. My tastes lean towards the traditional and I think you've executed the aesthetic well.

Forecast says you should get some long johns.🥶

Happy holidays!

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Very impressed by your progression in regard to your "formal" shapes. Crisp, clean lines with fine symmetry and properly sized feet. My tastes lean towards the traditional and I think you've executed the aesthetic well.

Forecast says you should get some long johns.🥶

Happy holidays!

Thank you so much for the feedback, Lance. I really respect your opinion! Traditional aesthetic is what I am trying to achieve :)

Top Bottom