Coltranem's Hop Hornbeam

coltranem

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
This past weekend I was fortunate enough to attend a workshop with Andrew Robson. I had purchased this collected Hop Hornbeam for the workshop. We removed so dead trunks and left a few. We then pruned back the branches to about 6 inch lengths, applied wire, and added some movement. Looking forward to the development process.

Andrew has a great way of teaching and explaining his process for developing deciduous trees.

Screenshot_20220509-202215_Chrome.jpg

20220508_133754.jpg20220508_140521.jpg

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This past weekend I was fortunate enough to attend a workshop with Andrew Robson. I had purchased this collected Hop Hornbeam for the workshop. We removed so dead trunks and left a few. We then pruned back the branches to about 6 inch lengths, applied wire, and added some movement. Looking forward to the development process.

Andrew has a great way of teaching and explaining his process for developing deciduous trees.

View attachment 435141

View attachment 435143View attachment 435142

I wanted to get down there for Saturday, but had to work a few hours in the morning. Kind of ruined the day and had stuff to do Sunday, so no picking thru the left-overs. Would have like to pop my head into Dr. Lou's presentation on Brazilian Raintrees. Paul Olsen and Jack Hoover, even John Romano had a presentation!

Looks like you had a good time. Happen to peruse any of the pre-bonsai on hand? I've not been down there but once/twice since Covid....how's it looking down there?

coltranem

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I wanted to get down there for Saturday, but had to work a few hours in the morning. Kind of ruined the day and had stuff to do Sunday, so no picking thru the left-overs. Would have like to pop my head into Dr. Lou's presentation on Brazilian Raintrees. Paul Olsen and Jack Hoover, even John Romano had a presentation!

Looks like you had a good time. Happen to peruse any of the pre-bonsai on hand? I've not been down there but once/twice since Covid....how's it looking down there?
Lance it was great. I was able to be there both days. I learned quite a bit from all three presenters (Andrew, Lou, and John).

Andrew recorded a Bonai Wire Podcast episode with John before he headed back to Portland.

Top Bottom