Columbus Bonsai Society 2018 Annual Show, Columbus Ohio, July 14-15

wsteinhoff

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'll definitely be there Saturday morning now. I've signed up to help out that morning and I'll hang around for a bit after. I hope to see some of you there!

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'll be there Saturday 10-noon and Sunday 2- closing. Hope to meet some Nuts!

wsteinhoff

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
From the club newsletter any new hobbyist that wants to join the Columbus Bonsai Society can join for 50% off at the show. The membership will last the remainder of 2018 and cost $15.

wsteinhoff

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Copied from the newsletter, nothing says it's for club members only so I'll put it here:

A fantastic opportunity to acquire a really first rate bonsai tool set will be happening at the CBS show in July. This is a 13 item set made by American Bonsai Tools. Designed and engineered in the US of A, and
manufactured both here and in Asia, the tools are well made and will provide a lifetime of bonsai service. Raffle tickets will be $5.00 each, or 5 for $20.00. Tickets will be on sale starting at 10:00AM the first day of the show-Saturday July 14th-and will
continue through 3:00PM on Sunday. Winning ticket will be drawn on Sunday at 3:30PM. Winner need not be present to win!
This entire set is a $635 value!

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Putting a call into the doctor tomorrow. Still fevered and sick. None of the team came down with anything. Having kids cough and hug me. I am thinking a bug. But since I contracted it overseas. I need to see what policy is IF I am feeling better if it's a 24 hour fever free deal as any illness in states. Or longer with being out of country before considering this possible for me to see you all and meet up .

wsteinhoff

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Putting a call into the doctor tomorrow. Still fevered and sick. None of the team came down with anything. Having kids cough and hug me. I am thinking a bug. But since I contracted it overseas. I need to see what policy is IF I am feeling better if it's a 24 hour fever free deal as any illness in states. Or longer with being out of country before considering this possible for me to see you all and meet up .
I hope you feel better soon then.:)

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I hope you feel better soon then.:)
Thanks...I am on the mend. But am not sure I feel up to the hubbub of the show. Had to rush dog to the vet, an hour away since our vet would not see her...she is now fine. But it about Did me in. To the point I canceled tomorrow's hair appointment. I just have no energy.

The hubs tells me just now we can leave tomorrow around 2...and find a hotel. For this show. My heart would love to go . But I still am not enjoying food...with slight nausea after eating. This is an annual bonsai thing. I made him promise next year. He's still wanting me to see how I feel tomorrow. But I think going when I feel half normal I would enjoy it more.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Seems like it's just not a good timing, too close to just getting back and health issues should come first anyway. Don't push yourself if you're not up to it. This show isn't really all that.... but it's local so it's important to support it.

wsteinhoff

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Like Judy said it's not the most impressive show. Being in the center of the state it's a good meeting place though for us Ohio nuts. And it's good to support the local places. Maybe next year!

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Seems like it's just not a good timing, too close to just getting back and health issues should come first anyway. Don't push yourself if you're not up to it. This show isn't really all that.... but it's local so it's important to support it.
Thanks Judy...yeah, still low grade fever. I am not up to it...still glad to see the hubs disappointed in not going though. I can't see me enjoying my time. I just don't feel well enough.

wsteinhoff

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I missed you all besides Judy. I couldn't stay long. Maybe next time!

Top Bottom