Coming Clean!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wait'll you put 2 and 2 together on this title!

You may know I have had Moderator Privileges in the Contest Forum since my Contest.

Well...recently my status has been upgraded to cover the entire site.

Basically, from 1-3 times a week if a newer member posts a http link, even as quoted from a different post, it must be approved for spam watch.

Lol! Spam watch! Penis pills and Harry Krishna! Not a big deal, I'm here enough to approve these things before Greg even recieves the emails about em anyway....and I always made a point to try and verify links are safe for us before anyway!

Also....coming clean...

If you report something, I also see these reports, and have the ability to delete, remove from public view, edit, warn, etc....

So imagine my surprise when A report pops up about a post from Bilbo's Landscape Progression thread, about a penis picture, and how it shouldnt be on the front banner! Um...I semi-agree...but also...Welcome to Crazy!?

This is the type of report I can't myself do much about, however, in my semi-agreement with the fact that maybe it shouldn't flash across the home banner....and...uhhh...Since it was my post! Lol!

I figured I have to come clean....
And let you know that YES...
You are reporting Me...to Me!

Somehow this is an uncomfortable situation for me if you don't know this! So here's my thoughts on said Penis Post.

First...yes, the pecker was mostly a joke...spurred by the fact that Bilbo was Dildo at one point, but jokes aside, however small or born from a joke...if your art may be recieved different because of a shape that can subconsciously change a viewers emotions, I'm going to let you know.

Further thoughts on Art and Freedom of Expression....

There is a Pottery Heads group on FB
And a Pottery Heads uncensored.
Well, somehow...the very existence of an uncensored art group, is like saying the censored art group isn't Art at All.

Art is Expression.
A censored expression is a Lie!

That said. I am not afraid of the human body...but I am not against the penis being removed. (You remember the she who said that!)

But I won't do it!

If you do not know...the spirit of this site, what makes it so good....

Is the fact that NOTHING IS DELETED.

That is the very reason that Nothing needs to be deleted in the first place.

Seems when your words are documented forever, people choose them much wiser.

I have a lot of respect for Greg for letting this cycle run it's course to get to this point.
Many people would have caught fear and got themselves into a cycle of deleting everything that may hurt someones feelings, which would have turned this into a stale, backslapping, secret ball-grabbing, boring ass site like every other.

And Damn it....we like to grab balls in public!

So there you have it.

To my giant worldly extended family!

Become a member!

Be Welcomed to Crazy!

Have a Cocktale!

Sorce

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Always expected a sorce-eror to sit atop a mountain and watch over us or
at least atop a tree [ bonsai ]

Here's to more mischief and yet more mischief, just remember your pots and trees.
Good Day
Anthony

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
pots and trees

Did a early clean of an English Box yesterday, while my little one stoked the fire for warmth.
Poor pics.20180316_115924.jpg20180316_123255.jpg

Seems with a limited safely feasible amount of ways to treat these. ....
Having 5-7 is enough to find the correct way in a couple seasons.

I wonder what I will bring home this year, after declaring I won't bring anything home this year!

I'm trying to save up for a wicked Piece from THG....so I can jump on the "big boy bus".

Fully confident in my juniper hand in just a couple seasons of believing everything I read is Bullshit! Lol! That only took about 30 dead junipers and 6 years!

Funny, the Local J.Crack that everyone hates has endured MORE abuse and Thrives! Not to mention it shaping up....and me having plans to convert my 3tree group, to ine formal upright, and a separate 2 tree red lace rock planting, in a miniature version Of the ones Bjorn works with in India.

I am working on a suiban...spelling?
Haven't given it an attempt with the Grogged Clay, which should prove successful in staying flat!

20180317_072139.jpg

Sorce

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I must say...I mist the hoopla of the photo in question...but as I was reading...It didn't surprise me. You have always been one to try and bring about peace on the forum. Greg is a busy man...and honestly...he shouldn't have to take this entire group in alone. Laughed when I was thinking of how you deal with one reporting you when the day comes..land learned it had already.

Very few things have been deleted...I like that. I like there isn't a dictatorship authority over the members deleting words spoken. It allows ones to really know the members and who they are.

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wait a second, wasn't the big boss here originally from Chi town? Now you are his consigiliere, seems fitting.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
1521301718354.png Here is a nicely styled moderator boot from the Uncle Kevin line. You'll need a pair to make it official, however. Sell out.:confused::D:D:D:D

I'd like to report some 18,000 posts for translation, please?;):D:D:D:D:D
Wang posts? Only if the shot is of your own, otherwise, it's weird....o_Oo_Oo_O:eek::D:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
One of the benefits of having Sorce help watch the site, is that he is a couple of hours ahead of me, and keeps early hours :) We had been getting a lot of spammers from China, and they would visit the site in the wee hours of the morning, and Sorce would see problems and send me messages before I was even awake :)

I have never wanted to have a site that needed to be actively moderated (with a heavy touch) so the other great thing about Sorce is that he has a similar easy-going approach towards freedom of expression. In the event that something on the site needs moderation, he can turn it off (to public view) and we can talk about whether it needs to be permanently removed. I'd say this happens about 1 in 10,000 posts or so... maybe even less frequently.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I like the @sorce pot, looks good. Got a dryer in there about 26" deep? I'm screwed, everything is bigger than my cellar door!!

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Don't have time to read the posts in this thread, or look what they refer too, but I thank all those, including "Sorce", of course, that devote some of their time to keep this place lively.

Which means different points of view, different cultural references, a different sense of humour, etc.

I really like you a lot, and I like the way the site stays civilized thanks to you, f***ing, st***d, fasc*** Am*** moderators.

Eager for knowledge and freedom of speech.

And very decent, friendly people all the time.

Al K.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I like the @sorce pot, looks good. Got a dryer in there about 26" deep? I'm screwed, everything is bigger than my cellar door!!

For me.
That would be a good reason to get one of those bitchin ass accelerator hand dryers...
You could do one offs real quick before work, and have the benefit of most of them line dried by the end of the week!

Plus the added bonus of easy to style crazy Weemac Hairstyles!

What's not to love!?

Ok....Speaking of reason....and since my friend @grouper52 may have little to do but blow snot, poop, and type!

In trying to identify our 16 year old miscommunication problem today...
I found out the Sorceress has no distinction between the words excuse, and reason.

Am I wrong for feeling "you're making an excuse" is negative, does it not insinuate weakness?

And reason...reason is thought out and with good purpose.

Sorce

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
This remembers me of what a teacher would sometimes tell us :

"vous résonnez /raisonnez comme un tambour !"
("You reason/resonate like a drum!")

It was a pun on the verb "raisonner", to reason, and "résonner", to resonate, like words in an empty container but that make a lot of noise, both verbs sound the same (homophones).

I'm not taking sides, I didn't know either of you 16 years ago, and I still don't know you, really. bloody tempest in a tea-cup...

It's 7 PM now, sun is soon going down, the days are longer. Time to have a Guinness and relax....

Random User

Reaction score
So le'me get this "straight"... you put a dick-pic on B'nut... some member reported you to you... since you now have moderator status, you had to beat yourself for being bad... that about it?

... Ok, I demand we have a vote... who's in favour of demanding that "Nonsense Rascal", be replaced with "Extended Member"... anyone?

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Is this about the one drawn in red on the rock? If so this whole blowup is absolutely ridiculous. If that offends you, you got a long hard life ahead of you. It’s so not a big deal! Pretty sure I’ve seen much worse on here before

Top Bottom