Comparing size with Clicio

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Raintrees are fun. I was curious if @leatherback would include the species amongst his videos. There it is.:cool:

Yes, weather in northern climates makes it a challenge.:(

Have to remember to watch, this to, can be a challenge!🥴😄😄😄😄😄😄

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
A little update from yesterday, sorry about the lousy picture.
But it has fattened up, and already got the start of a spreading nebari going on.
A little too wet, no? But... They like it.

20220710_144822.jpg

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
*&%^$%(*%&
Came home and foinf a cm substrate missing from my biggest BRT. Well.. Missing.. It was everywhere, except for the pot, and several roots above the substrate. Made a net, refilled the pot and fertilized. *** birds

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
*&%^$%(*%&
Came home and foinf a cm substrate missing from my biggest BRT. Well.. Missing.. It was everywhere, except for the pot, and several roots above the substrate. Made a net, refilled the pot and fertilized. *** birds
I´ve seen a sort of cage made from light wire (chicken wire?) around trunks and covering the soil, in open spaces full of birds.
Here we have this problem. Them birds throw the soil all around searching for larvae under the organic fertilizer bags.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I´ve seen a sort of cage made from light wire (chicken wire?) around trunks and covering the soil, in open spaces full of birds.
Here we have this problem. Them birds throw the soil all around searching for larvae under the organic fertilizer bags.
Below the bench..
underbench.jpg

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Great Oden's Raven, that's some avian hooliganism!!!

BIRD.gif :D :D :D :D:D:D

Raintrees are fun. I was curious if @leatherback would include the species amongst his videos. There it is.:cool:

Yes, weather in northern climates makes it a challenge.:(

Have to remember to watch, this to, can be a challenge!🥴😄😄😄😄😄😄
I did watch @leatherback BRT video and thought it was very well done.

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
@Clicio the differences are now really starting to show I am sure. This is the biggest of my seedlings. Brought them outside today after nearly 7 months inside..
View attachment 486328

I will take a picture tomorrow.
I'm trying the clip and grow technique instead of the usual wiring, to avoid more scars.
It seems mine is just a little bigger, but with no reference (do Germany sell beer in cans?) It's sort of difficult to say.
Let's compare pictures.

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
Cans, Bottles, Cascs, glasses, you name it.
But .. I do not have any here :)
We don't drink beer around here anymore. Beer it's just dirty water, and you know it.
We drink caipirinhas as breakfast, as lunch, as dinner, from morning to dawn, till the last soul drops asleep. Hardcore Brazil, man.
As for the tree, this seedling is doing very well. Less scars on the trunk, good basic structure, needs some thickness.
I guess I will just stick it in the ground for a couple of years. As I have said before, basically clip&grow last year. I have lost the apex due to dieback - my fault - but I am happy with this little tree.
Pictures as promised are below.

The sapling...
20230506_153915 (1).jpg

The trunk, almost no scars anymore..
20230506_154000.jpg

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice one. And indeed, the difference is not as big as it could be.

I have put a match-stick sized cutting in the ground last week, to see what would happen :)

What is happening here; Sunburn spot?:
1683438093578.png

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
Nice one. And indeed, the difference is not as big...

What is happening here; Sunburn spot?:
View attachment 486765

Well, I guess it stayed too wet for too long during the rainy summer we have had.
The bark is moist and flaking a little, but now the dry season will begin, so I am not concerned.
A picture from up close:20230507_144444.jpg

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The bark is moist and flaking a little, but now the dry season will begin, so I am not concerned.
Ah, ok, just normal aging of the trunk then.

These are 2 of the three remaining seedlings now. The big one is developing, but nowhere near what yours is doing.
1691230404968.png

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
Ah, ok, just normal aging of the trunk then.

These are 2 of the three remaining seedlings now. The big one is developing, but nowhere near what yours is doing.
View attachment 501329
Wow, I love the trunk movement on the bigger one, and it seems very well ramified. Perhaps trunk girth will happen either in a higher pot, or in a colander.
Of course in the ground here they take off, but with your winters that's not an option, I guess.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Even deeper than this one? already feel this one is oversized!
I am contemplating repotting, as we have a bit of summer left. But that might mean it will hate me for the rest of is.
Dilemma's!

Top Bottom