Compost, Mulch, etc. - Question

Vik250

Yamadori
Reaction score
Hi All,

Some of my seeds just started germinating and sprouting. Some I have planted in peat pellets and some in seed starter soil. Should I be adding any compost and/or mulch to these? I'll probably start utilizing liquid 10-10-10 fertilizer on some as true leaves are appearing. Let me know if I shouldn't do that.

Also, if one adds compost and/or mulch, is fertilizer still needed for these young plants?

Thank You 🙏 😊 🙏 😊 🙏

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
Compost and mulch are used on garden beds to add nutrients and to stop the soil drying out. In seedling pots the finer organics can clog the soil and cause problems.
We use fertilizer to add nutrients and water when the soil is dry so no real need for compost or mulch in pots.

Vik250

Yamadori
Reaction score
Compost and mulch are used on garden beds to add nutrients and to stop the soil drying out. In seedling pots the finer organics can clog the soil and cause problems.
We use fertilizer to add nutrients and water when the soil is dry so no real need for compost or mulch in pots.
Thank You Shibui once again for helping and saving me from ruining my first grown plants. Thank You 🙏 😊 🙏 😊 🙏

Top Bottom