Conifer division. Myth’s JBP from seed.

YaBoyMyth

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Nothing done yet to these guy as they’re still babies. Will post an update after the first wiring I’m guessing in spring? Not sure if they’ll be big enough then as this is my first time doing this! Good luck all!

Attachments

• D44DF4EE-1DE0-4147-8607-812B69C4D65D.jpeg
    D44DF4EE-1DE0-4147-8607-812B69C4D65D.jpeg
    227.4 KB · Views: 21

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Careful! The roots will try to jump ship in big aggregate soil like that... well I guess not “jump ship”.. but like... “Andy Dufresne“ you...

YaBoyMyth

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Careful! The roots will try to jump ship in big aggregate soil like that... well I guess not “jump ship”.. but like... “Andy Dufresne“ you...
What do you mean? I read an article that boon mix was really good for black pine germination, but as I said I’m so new to this. Never have had a green thumb but I really want to get into this hobby and art

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
That is GREAT soil..

Just with young, slow-growing seedlings... whose entire root system is only composed of a tap and MAYBE a couple tenders, a stray root which escapes.. to be “self-air pruned” could be detrimental.. seeing as that was a decent portion of the entire root system... but it’s not like a SUPER common phenomenon.. just be careful. You’ll be alright.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
That is GREAT soil..

Just with young, slow-growing seedlings... whose entire root system is only composed of a tap and MAYBE a couple tenders, a stray root which escapes.. to be “self-air pruned” could be detrimental.. seeing as that was a decent portion of the entire root system... but it’s not like a SUPER common phenomenon.. just be careful. You’ll be alright.
In my garden, only the strong survive...

YaBoyMyth

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
That is GREAT soil..

Ahhh ok that makes sense I’ll be sure to keep and eye out for this. Left for the weekend and had someone watching them and they just exploded with new needles. And it appears one is starting to lignify 💪

Top Bottom