Considering starting a bonsai club in my area of the Chicago metro area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
More fake news! Lol!

Did I get that in before....lockdown?

My apologies to anyone and everyone who felt a way I didn't intend.

I am not on an offensive.

Just a truthvensive.

Sorce

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Some of you should spend some time reading reports from the front line doctors who are dealing with this on a daily basis. There are plenty of such reports. I'm not going to tell you where to find them, you can do the research yourself. Many have been posting on various social media since the first cases started overwhelming NYC in March. ERs and ICUs were full and overflowing, makeshift ICUs were set up but there weren't enough doctors and nurses to properly attend to all the patients. The NY area eventually overcame that onslaught with a strict lockdown. Other parts of the country are now dealing with the same thing. You can believe whatever you want about case counts being inflated or even deaths being inflated. Go read the accounts from the front line doctors who STILL don't have enough PPE. ICUs are full or nearly full in many places in the south and west. If you don't trust the media, go check out the sources yourself. Or do you think all those health care workers are part of the same conspiracy to take away your rights? If so...there is no point to continuing any kind of discussion on this topic (which doesn't really belong on a bonsai forum anyway).

As for the origin of the virus...I do believe there is a chance it escaped from the lab in Wuhan. That doesn't mean it was designed as a weapon. There are researchers all over the world (including the US) who work with viruses, engineering them for many purposes. Sometimes just to study them, other times in vaccine development. Some of the research I've seen suggests to me there is a reasonable chance this was a lab escape. But it doesn't really matter at this point (other than as a warning to future researchers to be more careful). We have to deal with it regardless.

And there is a LOT unknown about the long term effects of this virus. Some people have been sick for months, others seem to have a relapsing condition. Many who survive may have lifelong impacts, especially if they were sick enough to require hospitalization.

Mike Corazzi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Although I do hope OSHA and the FDA approve my new invention.

A combination vaccine syringe/tattoo needle so I can provide safety for all the thugs and skanks in the country.

:)

Caryboy

Yamadori
Reaction score
Well, I know I won't be attending @Caryboy 's garden party, or bonsai meeting. Here I thought I'd be offering help on how to get a study group started, but his bullshit stance on the very real Covid19 guarantees we shall never meet.

Sorce, your denial of science is disappointing.

I'm staying home.
why does everyone think they have the right to force me what everyone else is doing over something that is health related when i dont care about health at all?

cdefoe

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4a
we're close, fellas

just a few more posts in this thread and we'll finally start changing some minds on this issue i can feel it

Mike Corazzi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
we're close, fellas

just a few more posts in this thread and we'll finally start changing some minds on this issue i can feel it
Faked moon landings or terrible viruses?
I'm losing track.

But are bump stocks okay?

Caryboy

Yamadori
Reaction score
What's gonna cost me loved ones is arguing about this shit.
Personally, I am "agnostic" on the issue as I have no fucking idea WHO is right.
As for me, I resent the goddam masks with a passionate vengeance.

Of course I also resent with a passionate vengeance EVERY ....regulation by GOVERNMENT !!! :mad:

MY research (limited and maybe faulty) leads me down the path that the CHINESE developed this monster and maybe even as a weapon.
I trust them as far as I trust my maples to be able to withstand the heat of the CA central valley.

One thing is CERTAIN. We are being torn all to hell by it.

Someday MAYBE there will be closure or certainty but then again, this is reliance on guidance from POLITICIANS.

I even asked my DOCTOR (all hail) and he ...... shrugged. So I either need a new doctor or someone needs to PROVE that this thing is likely to jump all hurdles and affect us all.

Too many fucking maybes on the loose.

I don't want to die from it and I ..do.. KNOW... that much. Neither do I want others to die from the damn thing. But they will die from something and even the reports that hospitals are ...faking... diagnoses give me no solace.

NOBODY KNOWS, CAN PROVE, OR ASSURE the entire nation that this is what we have been and are being told.

My soapbox is cracking now so I'm stepping down. I didn't have my mask on so take it as you will. 🧐
thank you, however i do not care if i get it, i am single and am not dating a guy half my age at the moment because he is worried about something stupid like health, and a career so if i get it and have permenantly destroyed lungs and unemployable so be it, because then i will have constant attention. ALSO THE GOVERNMENT HAS NO LEGAL AUTHORITY TO TELL ME I HAVE TO PROTECT MY HEALTH FOR THE HEALTH OF OTHERS. I AM IN THE DUNKIN DOUGHNUTS NOW AND IF THIS OTHER IDIOT SAYS ONE MORE TIME TO USE MY MASK HE WILLBE PUT THRU THE WALL

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Like I've said repeatedly, those with no personal experience with this like to argue hypotheticals and have the luxury of being insulated from it. The source from Asia is historical. China has long been a source for new viral emergence. Hong Kong flu, Asian flu etc. have been noted since the 1950's More people, bigger petri dish...

Until it kills someone close to you and you get a call from their widow asking you to help with the wake, you are doing nothing but running your mouth. Yeah, masks can make a difference. They have here in N. Va. which was one what was an emerging hotspots two months ago. The levels of infection in the D.C. metro have been steady, or dropping since guidelines and requirements for them have been in place.. No they're not going to stop it--they were never intended to, but they can help.

Whining about your "rights being violated" by wearing one is not a good look. You wear a shirt in public and in public establishments? You don't drive after drinking, "no shirt, no shoes, no service" signs have been around a very long time...

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
thank you, however i do not care if i get it, i am single and am not dating a guy half my age at the moment because he is worried about something stupid like health, and a career so if i get it and have permenantly destroyed lungs and unemployable so be it, because then i will have constant attention. ALSO THE GOVERNMENT HAS NO LEGAL AUTHORITY TO TELL ME I HAVE TO PROTECT MY HEALTH FOR THE HEALTH OF OTHERS. I AM IN THE DUNKIN DOUGHNUTS NOW AND IF THIS OTHER IDIOT SAYS ONE MORE TIME TO USE MY MASK HE WILLBE PUT THRU THE WALL
You're lying.

Admit it, you're cowering in your mother's basement and if anyone ever said anything to you, you'd cry.

You ain't putting anyone through a wall.

Caryboy

Yamadori
Reaction score
i will NOT COMPLY WITH ANY OF THE RESTRICTIONS FOR IT. my rights are being violated every day by the governor of illinois and the mayor of chicago forcing me to do something to protect my health which i do not care about it, and i do have a close friend in texas who got it, he is so lucky to have gotten it.... he will never be employable again due to having the lung function of a 75 year old, but otherwise is fine. he can go party and hook up with as many guys as he wants and do nothing but have fun, while i have to go to a job and be employed for nothing i want or need. i can get money out of people as a loan and just vanish, and get more trees and toys, i only mooch off of people who are older than me since they are no threat to me as far as harm and i am not worried about the one guys son, what i carry 22 hours a day will stop him. Until i am dating who i want, and get him not to care about his family because like my family they expect him to do something for himself and did not hand him everything he wants, LIKE WE ARE OWED. guess who just got thrown out of the dunkin when the employee called the police for the disturbance over not wearing a mask, and guess who is still there.... i am still there, the idiot health freak was physically removed by the police for threatening me, and the cops basically told him they do not enforce the idiot governor or mayor's health restrictions because they are not getting sued.

Caryboy

Yamadori
Reaction score
You're lying.

Admit it, you're cowering in your mother's basement and if anyone ever said anything to you, you'd cry.

You ain't putting anyone through a wall.
easy enough to find out, come meet me and we will see who goes home and who doesnt

Caryboy

Yamadori
Reaction score
reading the august newsletter from the midwest bonsai society almost made me puke, they are happy that the state of illinois is forcing people to loose their rights over NOTHING. 96.5% of people even with respiratory issues survive this virus, they just cannot function on a job any more because the companies will not risk having them employed due to permenant lung damage so there will just be millions more living off of disability and getting free money

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am fully aware that I may be reacting to a Wolf Crying Scenario.

Shouldn't have lied so many times!

NOW you're concerned!

Now!

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This is fantastic!

Who is the internet warrior?

Remember, a real warrior can be on the internet the same as a fake one.

So I ask again....

Sorce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom